Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I have been remiss.

It has been a unusual December so far.  There has been a lot going on, but not the normal going on.  More exhausting goings on, actually.  Cripes.  I'm going to pony up some random for you, though. 

->  I just bought my children and random assorted others light sabers.  Because nothing says, "Merry Christmas" like arming the minions.

->  Our pool deck is finished (mostly).  Finally.  In December.  I spent a month with a huge mud pit behind my house, constantly yelling "Take off your muddy shoes the second you step through that door!  No, don't splash in the puddles."  It was not fun.  I refused to clean my kitchen floors until it was over.  All I have to say is that everyone I know is invited to swim in that damn pool.  Spend all day there if you want.  Wear you Speedo, what do I care?  Hell, if I put the cabana bar out, I might let people move in.  It had better get a lot of use...

->  I started a new project at work that is keeping me busy (mostly because I don't know what I'm doing and have to figure it out...)  I still do all my old work, but now I get to do this new stuff, too.  It's keeps it exciting.  Kind of like those days when you wear all black and put on red panties.

->  One of these days someone is going to make a weight comment to me, and I'm going to answer in kind.  Because it is the holiday season, and there are cookies and cakes everywhere, I partake.  And people love to point out that I can afford it.  I thought weight was a taboo subject.  So, why don't we just all avoid it and stop pissing those of us trying to gain some off, huh?  And give me that cookie, damn it.  I need it more than you do.


 If our library served dinner, we'd go every night.

->  The boys have reached new peaks of antagonizing each other. 

MB:  What flavor milk do you boys want with lunch?
LG:  Strawberry.
Little O:  Chocolate.
LG:  No!  Strawberry!  I want Strawberry!
Little O:  Chocolate.  I gets Chocolate. (insert foot stomp and ferocious face, with arms crossed)
LG (now on floor, writhing in agony):  Nooooooo!  Strawberry!
MB:  STOP.THE.YELLING.  You can have different milk.  It's not a big deal.  Stop fighting!
LG:  Noooooo!

And yet, the other morning, little o woke up first.  I sent him in to get LG.  He climbs onto LGs bed, LG grabs him by the neck, rolls onto his stomach with little o underneath him and proceeds to snuggle o.  Like he was a stuffed animal.  Little o didn't mind.  I give up.  I just don't get it.

Ok, I'm done.  I need to go read stuff.  And get my learn on. 

6 comments:

blueviolet said...

I was wondering what the heck you've been up to, but learning a new project at work explains it.

Glad your deck is finally done. I think you'll have no problem keeping people in that pool come warm weather season!

Jan said...

Ah, I thought you were busy.

Don't ask me about the boys - my kids adore each other, but take great delight in punching each other out. And they're 28, 25 and 17.

VandyJ said...

I am often uncertain whether the shrieks coming from the boys are delight or pure anger. It's really hard to tell. Boys, designed to drive us crazy, while being absolutely adorable.

Frogs in my formula said...

Because nothing says, "Merry Christmas" like arming the minions.

I want you to post something about this in Jan after they've been armed and gone to battle. More details!

Woohoo for red underwear!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I get the battle mode when PN wants something different than LD (which is always...her response is whatever he's having, I want something else!) :) And yeah, I'm with Frogmama - gonna need deets on the battle after the new year. ;)

Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas! :)

pegbur7 said...

That's adorable.