Friday, October 28, 2011

Spin Cycle- Halloween then and Now

Don't laugh.  My "then" is only four years ago.  Really.  Sad, huh?

How is it when you have only one small child, everything seems overwhelming?  Getting to the grocery store requires Herculean effort, never mind pulling off a holiday.  One that requires a costume.  And bring treats to school?  Holy cows.  Why would anyone even expect this of you?  Of course, you call in reinforcements.  Thank god for sisters (in-law, in my case).


LG as a Lion.  King of, well, everything.
 Then your kid turns one.  And it gets a little easier, but really the challenges just shifted.  Now you have to wrestle someone into a costume, and if they don't want to be a lion at that precise moment, good luck with that. 

Some how, with two, it got easier.  Don't ask me how.  I think it's magic of the dark variety.  But taking both boys last year.  Not really hard at all.  Maybe it was the age, and not the number of kids.  Who knows?  All I know is that LG walked the whole way last year, and when we finally arrived back at my SILs house?  Even I was tired from walking.

The little angel and the handsome devil.
This year?  We'll see.  The costumes are almost finished.  The pumpkins are carved.  Treats for school are purchased.  Trick or treat arrangements are set.  Halloween?  I can handle this one.  Don't ask about Christmas, though.


5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I remember the picture of those cute costumes from last year!
You are going to post this year's, right? :-)
You're linked!

Jan said...

The photo of LG as a little devil and little o as an angel is so cute I can hardly stand it. You should be able to bottle that kind of cute, it's so great.

VandyJ said...

Very cute little guys.
We have a challenge of a different variety--one is old enough to go do major trick or treating and the other, no so much. I think this year may be a divide and concur year again.

CSkaryd said...

Hey, I think I recognize that rusty old fire pit in the first pic... :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Way too adorable for words. And after all that cuteness, I'm anxious to see what they dress up as this year! :)

Halloween - Then and Now