Friday, October 7, 2011

Spin Cycle- Dream Date

Ahhh, to dream.  Jenn over at Sprite's Keeper wants us to describe a dream date.  One we've had, or one we want.  So all week, I've been mulling over the dream date. 

My first thought is of Fantasy Island.  Remember that 70's sitcome with Mr. Rourke and Tattoo?  Where someone would come to the island and talk about their "fantasy" and it would come "true" only to find out how horrible that would be and them wanting to rush back on the plane and go home?  70's TV did a lot to shape how I think of the world.  Not all of it positive.

I've been on some rather nice dates, but nothing that people would dream about.  Posh places with good looking mens and all.  But not the stuff dreams are made of.  So, nix writing about any of them. 

Onward, then to the dream of the future.  Some place I want to go, something I want to do, someone I really want to spend time with.  I had a few ideas, but I keep coming back to the same place. 

I'm so tired, and it's been so long since both PB and I could take a whole evening off that all I want is a nice night of sitting on the couch with him.  Boys quietly up in bed, some of our favorite shows on the Tivo, and two pints of Ben and Jerry's (Midnight Snack for me, Chubby Hubby for him).  No worrying about if the amount of the bill is in our budget, no needing to get back to a sitter, or worrying if everyone went to sleep ok.  No feeling bad because most of what we talk about when we're alone is the boys, or the project list, or work.  (do you do that?  do you go out and feel like you should forget all your daily woes and enjoy your self only to find out that you'd rather just be talking about the day to day krappe?)  Just PB, and I, a kitty keeping us snuggly, and maybe an episode of Chuck.  We'd laugh, eat ice cream and snuggle.  The best part of this dream, it that it stands a high chance of coming true.  Maybe not for another few weeks, but soon.

I was going to skip this story, but meh, you're still here, so I'll tell it.  PB and I went out for our anniversary a few weeks ago.  To a restaurant we've wanted to try for a few years.  Their schedule is... inconvenient for us, though.  The stars aligned, and our sitter offered, so we got to go.  Best. Steak. In. Ohio.  Hands down.  And while we were there, after the usual talk about school, tests, the boys, the house and other sundry krappe, we had an interesting "dream" discussion.  PB wants to build a greenhouse in our backyard some day.  He wants to grow "exotics" and he hopes I'll come along for the trip, because I can grow a mean violet when I'm motivated.   Which is funny because I would love a butterfly garden (which has to be indoors since we live in Ohio).  How fun would that be?  The two of us out in our greenhouse puttering around in December with our plants.  I throw this out there since we're talking about dream dates.  And I'm pretty sure I'd never fit this in anywhere else.

Ok, back to reality.  Blog dismissed.

8 comments:

CSkaryd said...

Spill. Need to know about best steak. Lemme know where I'm going to be going hopefully soon. By email is fine if you don't want to publicly call the place out.

Sprite's Keeper said...

The fact that BOTH of you share this greenhouse idea is cosmic perfection!
Surprisingly, John and I end up talking about a whole variety of things other than Sprite. Sure, she makes up a portion of the topics, but we can get completely off kilter and end up discussing the weirdest things, which usually cracks us up, and make people stare at us strangely.
We're a lot of fun at parties.

You're linked!

VandyJ said...

Your dream date is one that I think Nick and I could really get behind. Although a good steak that someone else cooks and cleans up after is hard to beat.

pegbur7 said...

A greenhouse? How wonderful! I have two brown thumbs so I could never make it work but I wish I could!

Captain Dumbass said...

Ah, Friday nights in the 70's. Love Boat at 9 and Fantasy Island at 10.

Date? What is this foreign word?

Betsy said...

If I had a greenhouse, I would try to grow exotic, fragrant plants, like things you would find in Tahiti. Then I would go there for a candle-lit date in December, when it was snowing.

Frogs in my formula said...

Love the dream date. Sounds relaxing and just plain ole great.

Casey said...

The greenhouse sounds like a great dream to share. I'm building you one in my head! Glad you got a night out, we always spend ours talking about the kids too.

I think my dream date would be just an empty hotel room with nothing to do but sleep for days on end. Sigh.