Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Random Tuesday, what, huh, something shiny?

I have tried to write this post at least 4 times today, only to get distracted the minute I open my web browser.  But not this time.  This time I actually got Blogger open.  And I'm typing.  Ha!

->  Two Saturdays ago PB and his brother and brother in law started to put a new roof on the garage.  They were up there ALL DAY.  In the mean time, laundry got done, LG went to a birthday party and life continued.  People wandered in and out all day.  Messes were made, some were cleaned.  My MIL came to watch little o.  My SIL came to, well, frankly, she came to hang out, I think.  All was good and right.  Except for the guys on the roof, we had a good time.  Then Sunday morning came.  The roof was not finished.  The house was a mess.  MB was slightly peeved at the situation.  Not so nice thoughts passed through the badger mind.  Then I realized I hadn't had coffee yet. Problem remedied.  Suddenly, the roof became "mostly done" and the mess was cleaned with no further grumping.  It never fails to amaze me how caffeine can improve my mood.  My kids become cuter, my job is almost enjoyable and unicorns fart rainbows wherever I go...

Is this what they call smoldering?


->  Our house project list (the one we started when we moved in) will be reduced by two large projects at the end of the month.  We will have a new roof on the garage (see above) and a new pool fence.  I hate this list.  Mostly because it started with 5 or 6 items, and almost all of them are still there.  They are BIG items.  And something else always comes up that needs the money.  "We're doing the back deck next summer."  Becomes, "Well, we need a new snow blower and two trees need to be removed."  This list is my nemesis.

Every one's all American...


->  Hallelujah, we have a convert.  Last winter I dragged a semi-willing PB into the land of the CSA.  He griped.  He worried.  It was expensive, and did we really need all those vegetables?  Would we remember to pick it up?  All worries I said I would take care of, I promised I would make good.  As with many experiments this year, he let it happen mostly because he doesn't have the time or the energy to argue with me.  BUT, I did make good.  To the point that this conversation happened last week:

MB:  I'm kind of sad that this is our last CSA pick up.
PB:  Our last?  I thought they went until the end of October!!!
MB:  No, they go until we get the poundage they promised.  We're actually about 10 lbs over.
PB:  Well, next year I think we should change it a bit.
MB:  You didn't like #####'s?  I thought it was a good deal.  And convenient.
PB:  No, no, we'll do theirs again.  Do we need another, though?  I hear they have some in town that have different stuff.  We need to talk to my parents, too.  Maybe get a full share and ####'s and split it with them?
MB:  silent.  maybe on floor, in shock.  The man who has been quoted saying, "Vegetables aren't food.  They're food for food."  wants to join not one, but two CSAs next year. 

->  I love listening to my co-workers complain about the weather.  We're inside for 10 out of the 12 daylight hours of the day.  Why does it matter if it's raining?  You wouldn't be able to enjoy the sunshine anyway...

Ok, enough of my happiness and light.  Go see Stacy and Random Up.



6 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I think I should go outside just so I can complain about the weather too...

Jan said...

Ah, there's nothing like a brainwa - er, converted husband. :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Complaining about the weather just gives people one more thing to complain about, including me. lol. It's just an easy target is all. =D
Thanks for randoming it up with us!

VandyJ said...

If they didn't complain about the weather they'd actually have to make conversation and really do you want that?

The Crazy Coxes said...

You've converted PB to vegetables? You rock! I HATE projects. I just do. Congrats on getting to cross some things off your list!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I have a nemesis list for our house, too. There are things on it that are still on it from when we moved into our house 8-1/2 years ago...ACK!

That's too funny that PB is a convert - especially after his comment about vegetables not being food but food for food...hysterical!

I always think the SAME THING when people complain about it raining when they're stuck indoors working anyway. ;)

Thanks so much for randomizing with me! :)

Addicting Angry Birds and Bees - RTT Rebel