Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm not really here...

this is just a figment of your imagination.  Because God knows I have about 1,000 more important things to do than blog during my lunch hour.  Like order the boys school lunches for November, or call the doctor.  I'll get to those eventually, though.  For now, time for you, some Random Thoughts, and Stacy (who should just declare Tuesday her day officially!)

->  We have officially survived many plagues at our house this month.  EVERYONE had something.  It was less than pleasant, but somehow we did not miss a single event. (Though we did bring an absolutely miserable little o to a birthday party this weekend.  What?  Like you've never done it?  He wasn't contagious, for God's sake.)

->  When you call the gas company and tell them that you smell gas sometimes by your backdoor, they declare a "gas emergency" and rush to your house with the fire department.  Then they yell at you for not calling them last Fall when you first smelled it, even if you don't smell it all the time.  Don't ask me how I know this.  Just call them when you smell gas.  Trust me.

->  My kids think their vitamins are treats.  It's hysterical.  They beg to get a gummy "treat" every morning and afternoon.  I'm screwed when they figure this whole thing out, aren't I?

->  This is what I parked next to this morning:
I almost parked one space over just in case wanted it's own space.  It looked like it might threaten me with a strong NY accent.

->  LG has begun to swipe my phone and play angry birds.  He's better than I am.  Sunday I was singing the Veggie Tales song (because I can't get it out of my head).  He corrected me on the words.  When we watched later in the afternoon he said, "See, Mama, I was right.  They say squash, not cucumber, in the song".  I'm not sure whether or not I like this trend.  Three is a little too young for children to outgrow their parents.

->  Top Three things I Hate About the Cold Weather:

1.  Tangled laundry.  With short sleeves and shorts, the laundry is easy.  Now that we have long sleeves and pants every thing gets tangled in the wash as it spins around, and you have to pull it all out carefully lest you stretch out and arm or a stocking leg.  Blah.  What a pain.

2.  Having to step on the cold bathroom floor in the morning.  You can keep the bathroom lights as dim as you want, but the minute you hit that cold tile floor you are AWAKE.  again, blah.

3.  Factoring in an extra 7-8 minutes to get out the door.  In the warm weather it's "Get your sandals on, we're leaving."  Find sandals, put on, leave.  In the cold weather it's "Get on your shoes and coats, we're leaving.  What do you mean you can't find your socks?  Why did you take them off?  Why are you wearing his fleece?  Don't put your socks on your hands!"  Grumble, grumble, grumble.

->  I am loving Christina Ricci in Pan Am.  I wasn't sure I'd like it, but yup, I do.  Definitely one of my favorite new shows.

->  Little o has discovered how to play the blond card.  When he wants to, he'll completely ignore what you've asked him to do and simply smile sweetly and bat his eye lashes until you do it for him.  I've asked the teachers at school and they've fallen victim to it, too.  If he starts to flip his hair and giggle, it's all over.

->  We took our weekend guest to the Cleveland Museum of Art over the weekend.  This is the only picture I took.  I'm not sure how armor counts as art, but it was fun.  Uhm, the other art was, too, I swear.

->  Goofy boys in Mickey Mouse hats.  Just because.

Ok, I really need to go do stuff now.  Have a good week!

5 comments:

blueviolet said...

I had forgotten how seriously the gas company took those leaks! That happened to us too and they did find one, so it really is good to call. Did they make you wait outside and take the phone off the hook so it wouldn't create a spark?

I laughed about your laundry thing because I've definitely stretched an arm or two out over the years because of that!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ever try fuzzy slippers? :-)
Sprite gets gummy vitamins too. Completely organic, and EXPENSIVE, but she takes them religiously and reminds us when we forget. :-)

allstarme said...

I didn't think about it but the extra 5-6 minutes for coats and actual shoes is so true! I have been leaving later and could not pinpoint what was holding me up.

Jan said...

Are you sure it's the "blond card" and not the "I've got the most gorgeous blue eyes you've ever seen and could tickle you with my luscious eyelashes from the next room, to say nothing of my pink little cheeks and adorable smile" card?

Kristine said...

Awesome Randoms!! Thanks for making my day...I so needed the giggles...