Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Tuesday Thinkings...

It's Tuesday, and Stacy is still hoisting her sign to invite all the crazy random in.  As usual, I'm arriving just after the festivities get underway, but still- go see all the people who arrived on time.

->  I was folding laundry last night when little o toddled up with a book, climbed on the couch and started to "read".  He uttered his first full sentence, "We go on our motorcycle."  He does this to kill me.  I will now proceed to spend the next 14 years convincing him that motorcycles are too dangerous for adorable blond haired boys.  Only criminals and men who don't want to admit they're fifty ride motorcycles.  That's my story.

->  A woman at the volley ball courts this weekend made this comment (in not the nicest tone, but I choose to ignore that part):  "Look at that lady.  Big blanket spread out with snacks and toys, two clean, well behaved little boys.  They keep their hats on, they don't scream.  I bet she even put sunblock on them.  Ha. I couldn't get my kids to act like that in a million years."  Her friend, "Maybe it's the blanket."  Or maybe it's magic.  I'm just happy that the one time I had my act together someone noticed.

->  It's official, "Don't say Gay" in Tennessee.  And Ohio might be shortly to follow.  My SIL pointed out that there are billboards on our highways indicating that we should "Pray away the Gay".  I'm not sure what people are afraid of.  I'd like to ask the Senator in Tennessee if he thinks the gays will take over and force everyone to wear pink and speak with a lisp.  Or watch cooking shows?  Are they concerned that if we had a gay president that the first man would do a better job that most first ladies of decorating the white house?  Sometimes I like to imagine what it would be like if the gays all got really pissed and finally exerted some force in their own defense.  He, he, he.  Go ahead.  Imagine it for a giggle.

->  I finally found a mass market bread out our supermarket with no corn syrup in it!!!  I wanted to hug the manager when I saw the display.  Ok, it still isn't the best out there (there's a lot of other krappe in it) but it tastes pretty good and it's better than most. Can I get a woot woot?

->  I am convinced that I have reached full brain capacity.  Some days, I hit around and realize that my brain is "fuzzy".  Nothing I read is sticking, if someone tells me something, it doesn't stick.  I'm ok the next day, but for that day, I'm pretty much useless.  I'm convinced it's because my brain is deleting files while I sleep.  It finds the ones that haven't been accessed in a while (the name of the lady with the down syndrome daughter at church who always smiles so nicely at us, or the bill from the dentist that's under a pile of new mail but never got paid) and blip- gets rid of them.  Then it has room for more useless.  I notice it never gets rid of things like random movie quotes or the fact that my dentist has sailed the seven seas (which is cool, but I really never use that info).  I'm beginning to wonder if it's working against me. 

 ->  Have you noticed that the weather has been rather extreme lately?  At least he got that part of his prediction right.  Now if only the Resurrection had occurred...

Ok.  Go back to what you were doing.  Nothing more to see here.

9 comments:

VandyJ said...

My brain goes on those file destroying missions all the time, but the truly random krappe seems to be under a do not delete safety area, cause I really do remember really random facts and trivia at the oddest times.

Sprite's Keeper said...

The Gay can Stay.
Can the senator go Away?
Keep the slander out of the poetry, please.
:-)

Jan said...

What Jen said. I think - my brains all fuzzy today.

Is the bread Bimbo? It's what we buy The Young One.

Kristine said...

I'm with Vandy. My brain remembers stuff at the oddest times and forgets stuff at any given time. It came when I started menopause.

allstarme said...

I think they are really just afraid of their own sexuality. Why else would they care what other people do behind closed doors? I have other stuff to be worrying about, you know??

Captain Dumbass said...

I'm going through some serious deletion right now, to the point where I'm not sure I should be at work right now.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm right there with you on the full brain capacity mode - now it seems to be overflowing and more often than not, fuzzy. Like a peach.

I would have ignored the 'not nice tone' part of that woman's compliment about your angelic boys, too. Since her tone wasn't nice, you can bet she was totally jealous. ;)

The weather has been extreme weather lately - I keep saying that Mother Nature is whacked - or needs to be whacked, but no one's whacked her yet. ;)

Thanks for rebelling with me again this week! :)

Chicken Salad, Marathon Dog, and I'm a Winner - or is that Wine-r?

Laufa said...

We can't convince my kids that motorcycles are bad - Grandpa and Uncle ride. I even have crashed and had to have knee surgery - they are still enamored by bikes.
They are just jealous Moms (blanket).
Guess, some of my family member won't be moving to TN any time soon.
It's not full capacity, our kids suck the life out of us like zombies, they just do it through the womb.
Read what Mama Badger wrote about what she thinks is going on about the rapture thing - makes since.
Aren't you glad the spin is back?!

Laufa said...

HAHA, Mama Badger is you. HAHA