Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random Tuesday

We're back with Stacy again this week.  It must be going well, because Keely isn't feeling all that guilty and Stacy keeps inviting us back over.    I'll get right to the random (before I lose steam and fall asleep on the keyboard).

->  MB to little o as he bangs on his Fisher Price drum: "Cool it there, Ringo, your brother's trying to watch a show."
little o (in his best Animal impression):  "Drum, drum, drum."
We have the best conversations, don't we?

->  The world is in the toilet.  Do you want to know how I've come to this?  I went to the dentist a few weeks ago.  I have a cavity (the first in a long time, it was a sad moment).  Instead of lecturing me on brushing after each meal, and flossing religiously (which I do) he consoled me.  Yes, you read that right.  He tried to make me feel better about it.  Told me not to get discouraged.  Offered an extra toothbrush to have at work.  Reminded me that one cavity is not the end of the world.  This is why we're failing as a country.  We're mollycoddling everyone!  What happened to gym teachers telling kids to get their fluffy fannies onto the field, and teachers with rulers enforcing the rules?  It's always, "Well, try harder next time."  Yeah, look how well it's working out.

->  The Bronx zoo lost a cobra a few weeks ago.  People thought this was cute, and started a Twitter account.  Me?  I'm never going back.  They LOST A COBRA!!!  Not a turtle, or a zebra, a venomous slithering critter.  And they really didn't seem at that concerned.  They closed the reptile house.  But what if it was loose in the zoo itself?  Ewww.  Though I learned a little something from this that I will share.  If you get bit by a cobra, just yank it off and you're probably safe.  Yup, just rip the little guy out of your skin.  Cobra aren't like rattlers.  Their venom flows over their teeth, not through it.  So, they have to chew on you a bit to kill you.  The key is to get the cobra off before he gets too many chomps in.  Now, if you can remember this while you have a cobra hanging off of you?  Good for you.

->  When I open my afternoon Snapple, I read the fact on the inside of the cap to the guy in the cube next to me.  Then we have about a 3 minute discussion about it.  No one else in the cube farm says a word (it's normally a VERY quiet place).  It's our afternoon "break" and I don't think much about it.  I certainly didn't realize that everyone in our cube group was listening to all of this.  Until we were in a meeting on Friday, where someone used a Snapple fact to support their argument.  Pop culture at it's finest.  Immediately, everyone with a cube near mine knew where the fact came from, and had to hold back laughter.  It was impressive, though. Once again, Thanks, Snapple.

Random o picture:
Bodysurfing in the ballpit.

Ok, back to the rat race.  Or at least off to 10 minutes of Fruit Ninja.  What?  I like you guys, but there is something peaceful about whacking a watermelon with a ninja sword.

6 comments:

allstarme said...

Hey, that IS messed up about the dentist. I mean, we coddle way too many people now. Ugh.

VandyJ said...

Your trip to the dentist is almost as bad as teachers not being able to use red ink to correct things anymore--it hurts the kids' feelings or some such nonsense.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Personally, I loved that Twitter feed. I was very sorry to see the Cobra back. :-) In better news, I did read that that particular Cobra was in a breeding program and de-venomized. ??

Stacy Uncorked said...

Good to know that if a Cobra ever bites me to yank him off...um yeah, that doesn't sound right, does it?

My dentist is the polar opposite of a coddler - so maybe there's still some hope. ;)

Snappleisms are the best! :)

Good thing Princess Nagger's in her bath right now, if she saw that pic of Little O bodysurfing in the ball pit, she'd want to go find one and do the same. :)

Thanks so much for being a rebel with me! You ROCK! :)

http://outoftheboondocks.blogspot.com/2011/04/random-tuesday.html

The Crazy Coxes said...

I knew it! Your experience at the dentist just proved it! It's like the idea that EVERYONE is a winner. No. Someone has to be the loser!

Love the ball pit pic!

That's cool that there is cobra loose. My kids would totally go hunt for it!

Jan said...

Oooooh, ooooh, cute little boy picture! Yay!

I somehow missed the cobra story. I am not sorry about that.