Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random Tuesday Spring

Ahhh, it's Tuesday.  It's almost Spring.  I want it to be spring so badly I can almost taste it.  You know the taste.  When the crisp, cold winter air changes to the breezy, warmer spring air?  That's what I'm looking for.  When you wake up to the patter of rain on the roof instead of the creaking of the icy tree limbs. 

Anyhow, on to the random.  With Keely.  And whatever she has going on this week.

->  One of the things I miss most about being in school is the breaks.  Because you can't compare a vacation from work to a break from school.  When I take a vacation day of my choosing, it's for a purpose.  A trip, or an event, something at the house that needs to be done, or something I'm doing for/with the boys.  There are no "just because I'm going to sit on my rear in front of the TV" days.  Now, if I sit in front of the TV for more than an hour, I start to notice all the things that need to be done.

     ->  This Sunday was the first "nothing" day we've had since LG was born.  No plans, we were all in our jammies until noon.  LG wanted to watch "Monsters, Inc" with me.  So, little o toddled around (with no competition for toys) and LG sat with us on the couch to watch TV.  Amazing.  I didn't realize he had a pause button.

->  We're planning on re-doing our pool deck this summer.  New patio, new fence.  Some fancy financing to make it all work.  Then we got into the financing, and thought, hmmm, maybe change it up a bit and do it next summer for the best cost we could get.  Hmmmm.  This weekend?  A pine fell over onto the pool fence and forced out hand.  Thanks, mother nature, for putting in your two cents.



->  Ever have a plan just fall into your lap?  On the to-do list is getting little o out of the nursery and changing it into an office/guest room.  He'll move down the hall and be next to LG.  But first, I need to plan out his new room.  Rockets?  Submarine?  Forest?  So many options.  Then he fell in love with the alien from Toy Story.  (really.  some one gave him a little plush alien.  I won't let him leave the house with it, but once he's inside it's his BFF.)  And Home Desperate handed me a plan.  His room is going to be "Infinity and Beyond" with "Alien Green" highlights.  Now to make it happen...

->  Rock star day at school.
That's all I've got this week.  There were more pictures, but my phone is playing tricks on me.

6 comments:

VandyJ said...

Love the curls/mohawks! What a pair of cutie rockers!
We are going to have to do something in Bruisers room--I'm thinking a take on Goodnight moon--only it will be the great blue room. We still have the pictures from Turbo's room so I think that's what we will do when we have to move Bruiser to a real bed. Some time, just not soon.

blueviolet said...

Sorry about your fence and that your hand was forced on doing it all over, but it will look so wonderful when it's done and at least it was something you were going to be doing at some point!

Your little dudes look so cute!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Heh, heh, now your comment makes perfect sense. Home Depot? Did you follow the inspiration room? You MUST post pictures!

Captain Dumbass said...

You should go on etsy and search 'wall decals.' Good times. And far easier than painting.

Jan said...

Oh, those boys! OH - THOSE BOYS!

Thank you - my day just got much, much better.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Love those hairstyles!
That stinks that tree fell on the fence. I guess you might as well make the most of it! Can't wait to see the new bedroom!