Monday, March 28, 2011

Microfiction Monday

A new MicroFiction Monday Meme has inspired me to blog today.  Go see Grandma (and her Goulash) and see what some of the others think.  Oh, and this one has a "word", too.  Cater.  Here goes:

"The last beams of light made the chair look so tempting.  But with so many guests at the house to cater to, Maeve knew she'd regret even a moment of its comfort."

Ahhh, it's good to be back in the game.  I'm busy digging out, but now that Sprite's Keeper and The UnMom have gone on hiatus, I'm strangely motivated to write...

As for my "I'd rather be" Monday:

I'd rather be at work than doing my taxes.  Not that they're done.  Not even close (know the saying about the cobbler's kid and shoes?)  Still, I'd rather be here avoiding them than at home avoiding them.

Have a good week, all.

But wait, there's more:

A bonus for Monday.  Jan of the Sushi Bar is giving away a copy of Mark Sisson's new cookbook.  If you like cooking, if you eat in the primal/paleo/low carb/grain free/gluten free/dairy free this sounds like an incredible find.  Go visit Miss Jan, say Simon says, and enter to win an autographed copy.  Easy-peasy-lemon squeezy.

16 comments:

Jan said...

I like this one!

As for today, I'm afraid there's nothing I'd rather be doing at work, since Beloved and I have taken the rare day off. He's watching documentaries on Netflix and I'm working on my cookbook.

It's a good day.

Dianne said...

I like your story
well done

I'd rather be on a plane to somewhere exotic
I'm in a running away mood

Rebecca T. Little said...

How often we care for others and forget to care for ourselves. Your entry really reflects this :)

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than trying to contain the couch Olympics that were so on this weekend and casa de Jones.

Calico Crazy said...

I'd rather be somewhere it rained a little less, or at least somewhere that didn't leak when it did, then I could sit in the chair and relax. ~ Calico Contemplations

anthonynorth said...

Ah, comfort can often be counter-productive. Nicely done.

5thsister said...

sometimes we need to give in to a momentary temptation! especially if it means being rested to continue the day's work.

Grandma's Goulash said...

Maeve is a stronger person than I am. I'd be sitting in a heart beat. Already feeling that sun on my shoulders. :-)

Thanks so much for participating in Succintly Yours. I hope you'll be back next week for more.

Captain Dumbass said...

I'd rather be in that chair.

Pat said...

Excellent use of the word of the day together with the constraints of "Yours Succinctly!"

I recall those days of busy-ness with 3 sons at home. Now I kinda miss it, but not too much.

SparkleFarkle said...

Yuppers, you've captured it: that chair is to the bod what warm, fuzzy bunny boots are to the feetsies!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

It does look inviting, doesn't it? Maeve is a smart one, though. A 30 second sit will turn into a lot longer, and then she'll be trying to catch up all day. Nice one!

blueviolet said...

NO more avoiding those! Get them done!

Lynette Killam said...

Great post! I do hope Maeve gets a break soon...:)

I'd tather be on a plane to somewhere exotic...unfortunately, my traveling will have to be done vicariously...LOL!

Great post!

Jinksy said...

At the end of a day, a five minute sit down and a cuppa can help get you through to bedtime! LOL

Diane said...

Howdy!

Starting a new feature at my blog called The MicroFiction Muse! Please pop in and take a look and hope to see you next week! :O)

http://dianeestrella.com/?p=5099