Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

May the sun always find you on a rainy day,
When you need to be home, may you find a way.
May you always have courage to take a chance,
And never find frogs in your underpants!

This was the only picture I got this morning.  After this one, o decided that LG was getting to comfortable with Alien, and he had to stop that.  LG said Alien had to be in the picture, since he's green.  Good times.

Ahhh, I hurt.  Last night I took my first Zumba class.  It was advertised as a fun, dance, exercise class.  Like Jazzercise for the new millennium, right?  Holy krappe.  The instructor was young, tan and perky.  She looked like she was in a dance club, with smooth moves and astounding rhythm.  She had fancy gold threads weaved into her hair and some sort of baggy exercise pants that made her backside look great.    Me?  Pasty in my work out shorts and old t-shirt, all angles and no rhythm.  I barely kept up with the feet, forget the arms.  And she reminded us that to get the full workout you need to do the arms.  But she was very sweet.  And really fun to watch.  She promised that next week I'd do better.  Ahh, to be young and optimistic.  Next week I just hope that I can sort of keep up better.  The plus to this class, though?  Nobody is watching you.  They couldn't possibly.  You have to keep your eyes on her or you'll fall on your face (you can't even watch yourself or you get lost).

8 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

A virtual kiss for all three of them! (yes, even the alien...)

VandyJ said...

I'd kiss 'em, Irish or not. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jan said...

I would be MORE than happy to kiss little o. LG, too!

A Zumba class? Would probably KILL me. Pat yourself on the back.

Captain Dumbass said...

I had a comment, but somebody has just brought out cookies...

Casey said...

I'm with you in the back of the class in my raggedy old tee falling on my ass.

The boys are adorable. The alien too but I think the humans are cuter.

tulpen said...

I wanna try Zumba. But I need to find an ALL BLIND class, cause I'm goona look like a complete idiot.

only a movie said...

Ah, you're young. No worries there.

My zumba instructor is probably my age or older and super fast. But it is wicked fun. Haven't been in a loooong time.

Keely said...

Awwww.....so CUTE!

X wouldn't LET me dress him in green. He's quite particular.

I haven't tried the Zumba thing yet. I'm intrigued. But also uncoordinated.