Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Random Tuesday Countdown

It has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting to add the Random Tuesday Thoughts button to my Tuesday Thoughts.  I suck, I know.  But it's up there today.  Enjoy the purple ham!  Then go see Keely.

->  We are in the countdown until LG's birthday.  It is a week from today.  Just ask him.  He'll tell you all about it.  I'm pretty sure he still has no idea what a birthday really is, though.  He'll still be surprised at the cake and presents when he realizes they are for him.  Aren't little kids the best?  He, he, he.  The greatest thing about being naive?  He hasn't asked for a single thing.  Which is good and bad.  Good, because that would get old really quick.  Bad, because that means I have to come up with stuff on my own.  Ugh.

->  Somehow, I am ending up having two parties for the kid.  I know, right?  How the hell did that happen.  Oh, wait, that's my fault.  I booked a room at the Nature Center, and they only allow 40 people.  In total, babies and parents included.  So, our family alone pretty much would take up the whole party, and he wouldn't be able to invite his friends.  And though I'm sure they would all love to see the raccoon and turtles up close, his friends will hopefully enjoy it more.  So, two parties it is.  Yeah.

->  After "rejuvinating" the boys bathroom with some tile and a fresh coat of paint, we decided it needed a new shower head, too.  So, I went out to our gas company web site, because for some odd reason they offer "green" shower heads at a really nice discount.  Such a good discount that I decided we should get one for our shower, too.  Doesn't it sound great?  We save water, save money, save the environment.  Good all around, right?  They said I wouldn't notice any difference.  They lied.  Really, really lied.  Jerks.  I want my "waste a lot of water and get a good soaking" shower head back.  

->  Tonight I will be making gingerbread groundhogs.  Yes, you read right.  I, the not so domestic goddess, will be baking in honor of the least important holiday on the calendar.  Why?  Because they make PB happy.  No other reason than they make him smile.  And it's a really nice smile.

->  When was the last time you did the hokey poky sober?  He, he, he.  We're trying to think of how we're going to entertain 17 or so 3 year olds for 2 hours.  After crafting up some wings and raccoon masks, doing a scavenger hunt, and maybe some pin the tail on the fox (nature center, remember) we're going to dance.  I'll try to get video, because nothing says good times like 3 year olds shaking it.

->  In the car.  Listening to Laurie Berkner's song "I'm not perfect".  From the back seat, "Let's not discuss this..."  

->  Another reason I like Steven Tyler better than Simon Cowell- "Young lady, you just sang your tushola off out there."  He said "tushola".  Not arse, not booty, tushola.  He, he, he.  


->  Everybody cross your fingers tomorrow around 9:am.  I won a free pizza and a chance at a really nice TV last week.  They draw for the TV tomorrow at 9:am.  We are still watching PB's TV from college.  A new one would be really nice.  This is the only way we'd get one.


Time to make the donuts.  Go see Keely and the other randomers. 

10 comments:

Frogs in my formula said...

Will you post a picture of your gingerbread groundhogs? I'm dying to see one. Good luck with your two parties. Yikes.

Julie from Momspective said...

Every time I click over from a comment you leave me it takes me to a RTT from your birthday lol. At least this time it involves A birthday when I click to get to your home page :)

The Crazy Coxes said...

I hope you win the TV!
I can't wait for the birthday pics - cake and LG and unasked for presents, the hokie pokie, - all of it!

Jan said...

If I recall, you made some sort of baked groundhog goodies last year, too - were they gingerbread?

I can't remember the last time I did the hokey pokey at all, much less sober.

Captain Dumbass said...

Good luck with the tv.

VandyJ said...

Good luck with the TV! I'd like the see the ginger groundhogs too.

Sprite's Keeper said...

So when you eat the groundhog cookie, do you start at the head or tail?

Laufa said...

DId you win the TV?
I made chocolate chip cookies just the other day because my hubby was sick and requested them. 2 parties sound expensive and you have 40 friends coming too - invited the whole class didn't he?

blueviolet said...

You really like Steven better than Simon? I like him, but not as much as Simon.

I believe you completely about the showerhead being sub-par! They tricked you!

Just call me Yankee said...

I wanna see a gingerbread groundhog too!

And please let us know if you won the tv. I know the pain of watching a 10 billion years old tv too.