Monday, February 7, 2011

MicroFiction Monday

It's Monday.  Time for MicroFiction with Susan, at Stony River.  You get 140 to speak your mind.  Let's get to it, shall we?


"MB did not need another clock to remind her that she was running late yet again today.  Blame it on whatever you'd like, but 10 minutes late was becoming her new on time..."

I would like to say that's fiction, but lately it is all too true.  And please don't tell me I'm fashionable.  It's not.  It's just rude.  I'm working on it, though.

As for my I'd rather be:

I'd rather be at work than trying to fix this problem:

Don't see it?  Look closer.  That's a raccoon butt hanging from a shelf in my garage.  The bigger part of my problem.  PB.  "But he's really cute.  He has this stripey tail.  And a little bandit's mask!  And it's so cold outside."  I'm not a home owner.  I'm a wild life retreat manager...

Tomorrow we'll announce the winner of the contest.  Go back a few Tuesdays if you want to enter.  I'll pull tonight, so you still have a few hours.

12 comments:

anthonynorth said...

I know many people like that :-)
Nice one.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Just add -ish to your time like I have been. I don't get as many looks anymore.
"Dude, you have a raccoon butt in your garage..."
I have ALWAYS wanted to say that. Thank you for giving me the opportunity.

septembermom said...

Great take on the picture :)

Grandma's Goulash said...

Good luck with that. I think folks tend one way or the other. Not so much rude as a personal characteristic. And I'm a very punctual person.

My MM: Truth In Advertising

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than explaining to Bruiser that no, you can't have______(what he desperately wants at that moment) and then explaining it all over again when he decides on a new thing he wants. Oh the drama of being told no at two.

Casey said...

I have a brother who is always at least 30 min late. So if we're getting together at 3, we tell him everyone will be there at 2:30 so he'll show up on time. Or close to it.

That raccoon butt is adorable but look out, those guys are mean.

Peggy said...

I had an aunt that always ran about an hour late and she lived with us.
Nice idea and great with the picture Mama!

Jan said...

I wish I had a raccoon in my garage; instead I have a husband recovering from either salmonella or the nastiest stomach bug I've EVER encountered, a son with a dandy case of of the flu, and a dog with a staph infection in his butt.

Work was a relief today.

Susan Fobes said...

Um, your fiction sort of rings true with me too-LOL!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Lol! I was too busy looking at the 'pipe thingies' above the raccoon. Would've missed it if you hadn't have mentioned it!

I enjoyed your MM! Great one. :)

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

Mrsbear said...

I'd be a little irked if there was a raccoon hunkering down in my garage, although it would give me an excuse to not have to do laundry.

Enjoyed the short.

Melanie Sherman said...

Oh dear. We are kindred spirits. I've had encounters with raccoons on my back deck. Demanding little panhandlers.

Loved the fiction. Being late causes stress, poor thing.