Monday, January 24, 2011

MicroFiction Monday

MicroFiction Monday is all about where you take your picture in 140 characters or less.  Susan is kind enough to let us all play along.

"Looks like there won't be any racing today."  "No, we'd best pack the shells and head home, I guess."

Sorry, but misty days on the river always make me think of the fall rowing season.  Those weekends where you would drive for hours, only to find out that the race was canceled on account of fog.  Sigh.

As for my "I'd rather be" for Monday:

I'd rather be at work than sighing and reminding PB that LG is only 3.  That's why he acts that way.  With the constant "No" and "I waaaannnnnt " and the ever challenging battle just to get to the end of the day.  Lately he's been all about me, because he knows I won't put him to bed without supper, and I won't take away stories and songs at the end of the night.  I know it sucks to be 3, where you don't get to make choices, and you have to share everything with a little monster who can't talk, and doesn't understand how to play with toys nicely.  Not that I don't take things away and give time outs, just I don't take the big ticket items.  I enjoy them just as much as he does.  It's going to be a long year.

14 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than at home tending to Turbo. He's sick and moaning about it. I know he feels terrible but there is only so much moaning I can take.

formerlyonlyamovie said...

I think I'd rather be at work than tending to my sick kid.

And I am with you. Taking things away seldom leads to bx change - especially in little ones. Good luck. (Thought I would trade 3 for any teen number at this point.)

blueviolet said...

Fortunately they do grow out of each of those stages. Ugh.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than home with a sick throwing out child. Oh, wait, I AM! Woohoo!
Sorry to tell you, but at 4, you do take things away. While logic increases with age, so does stubbornness to the point where we're having daily reminders, "Who's in charge."
Smoldering reply, " YOU are."

sylviamorice said...

Loved your mm...fit the picture perfectly. And as far as your 3 year old goes, I agree--don't take away stories and songs and suppers...just keep saying to yourself, "This too shall pass", because it eventually does, and once your little ones are grown up and on their own, you'll wonder where the years went and you'll be thankful that you chose your battles carefully.

Mama Zen said...

I thought that three was a lot tougher than the "terrible twos." Hang in there!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I would rather be at work than getting a mammogram. Oh well.

I don't know why people worry so much about the terrible twos. Three was always harder.

Nessa said...

Your story fits the picture - a bit melancholy.

I never took stuff away from my daughter that we both enjoyed (not for being 3, anyway) and she's just fine.

Diane said...

That would be fun to watch! Good one. :O)

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Naw, don't apologize. I'm intrigued!

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

Jan said...

I agree with everyone who said the "threes" are definitely more terrible than the "twos".

I'm no longer at work. Thank goodness. That means I get to make dinner, take pictures of it (lemon-honey drumsticks and a carrot custard that sounds intriguing), watch an episode of Dexter and GO TO BED.

Peggy said...

Nice MF , fits the picture so well!
Liked it!

Michael G-G said...

Liked this MM a lot; I never would have thought of rowing.

Yes, three is more terrible than two. Courage, mon brave!

Have a great week.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Nice look at the picture, hope the next time the sun is out for the race.