Monday, January 17, 2011

MicroFiction Monday

Time for Susan and her 140 characters:

As the ghosts battled across the ceiling, Taka wished that they'd quiet down and let him get some rest for his test tomorrow.

I really liked this picture.  Something about the "chalk outline" aspect of the characters.

And right now, I'd rather be at work than the dentist.  I'm beginning to really not like my current dentist.  I need to find another.  The dentist himself is "fine" by his hygienist and dental assistant are evil.  Ok, maybe not evil, but certainly not gentle.  Today they asked when I would be bringing the boys in.  Uhm, NEVER!  We take them to a pediadontist who believes that gentle and non-invasive is the best way to go about things.  Whew.

The contest is still open.  If you want goodies, just answer the questions!

CONTEST ALERT:

Yup, finally here.  The long awaited contest.  The rules are very simple.  Answer the questions below.  Some have right answers (but you don't have to give the right one), and some are just to make me happy.  (What?  It's my contest.)  You can only enter once.  You must answer all 4 questions, extra points for creativity.  You can't be related to me.  That's it.  Answer in the comments section.  PB will choose a winner on the 31st.  It's up to him how he chooses.  

The Questions:

1)  Who is MB's all time favorite Sesame Street character?
2)  What is LG's favorite color?

3)  If you were in prison, what would the crime be?

4) Dark and swarthy or blond and beautiful?  (which is really like asking who's cuter, LG or little o.  What, you're not their Mom.  You can have a favorite.)

That's all for today.  Go read other micro fiction.  It's a quick and painless way to pass a Monday!

13 comments:

blueviolet said...

Since most of the work is done by the hygienist anyhow, maybe you could switch to a new dentist with a nicer crew?

Fay's Too said...

Fun interpretation of the picture.
I'm going to enter your contest, too. whoooo hoooooo!

Fay's Too said...

Ok, my contest entry is here: http://faystoo.blogspot.com/
Along with a contest of my own.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work sitting than at work standing. (Don't ask.)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work sitting than at work standing. (Don't ask.)

Sonia said...

Good interpenetration of the pic. I like!

And personally, I think all doctors are evil!

moondustwriter said...

Those specter's need to take a break - I guess they don't have to worry about the disparity between the parasol and the sword

The Crazy Coxes said...

Great micro!
I would definitely be switching to a gentler, nicer hygienist. That's really who you spend the most time with anyway!

VandyJ said...

I already tried for the contest, and I got to stay home today. One of the few holidays I get working at a university.

Jan said...

I love my dentist and her staff. I better, they got at least 2 grand out of me last year.

I'd rather be digging a ditch at the South Pole during winter than at work. I'm having a hard time with the whole "up" thing in regards to my current employment.

Sorry.

faith said...

Loved your take on this! Good luck with the dentist. :)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

One reason I hate dentists..and their assistants!

Hey, I'm still around, but my feed got all messed up. Sorry I haven't been stopping by. I am starting up a photography business and it seems to have drained me of everything else. But this winter things are nice and slow so I hope to catch up on my "therapy" of blog reading.

Jinksy said...

A fun MFM reply got lost in the rest of the post!