Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts...

Quiet.  Look deep into your screen.  You are getting random...

->  Work is a very sad place these days.  For instance:

     ->  Many of the ladies here lust after the plant guy.  He's cute, but that's about all I can muster about him.  He wears cut off jeans (in a formal workplace it doesn't take much to peak interest).  He walks around watering the plants, and "manicuring" them.  Occasionally he bends over.  I make sure not to schedule meetings for the hour he's here because I'm pretty sure only the guys would show.

    ->  Our foundation president was walking around yesterday looking at the art hanging on the walls.  When I inquired as to why she said, "It has been brought to Mr.XXX's attention that while a lot of our artwork is Jewish, not many of our employees are.  He's thinking of putting up some motivational artwork and moving these to other spaces."  I responded, "Uhm, we all know that our employers are Jewish, right?  And that much of the money made by the business we run goes to funding Jewish endeavors.  I'm pretty sure they never try to hide that fact.  But someone thinks Jewish art is inappropriate here?"  "Yup."  "So, instead of this beautiful hand woven artifact outside my cube I'll have a poster that reads, 'Teamwork- if you stop annoying the krappe out of me, maybe I'll get something done today'?"  "I'll mention to Mr. XXX that you feel inspired by the Jewish artwork, MB."  My work here is done.

->  Cleveland was just awarded a Lingerie League.  http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=162857&catid=45  That's where ladies play football in their underwear.  Because this will fill the hole LeBron left.  

->I woke up at 5:15 this morning to "La, la, la, la.  Di, di, da."  Little o was singing in his crib.  Loudly.  American Idol style.  He kept that up for about 45 minutes while I got ready until I went to get him.  When I finally opened his door, there he was, holding a concert for his stuffies, swaying back and forth.  Happy as a clam.  Meanwhile, down the hall, his brother was poising the shark teeth over PB's arm, not ready to get out of his warm, cozy bed.  Night and day.

Ok, I'm back to it.  No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need none, as they say.  Go see Keely.

*****Add on-  A lot of questions about what "Jewish" art is.  Many pieces on our walls are actually Jewish- not Israeli specifically- artifacts (scrolls, hand woven maps, things like that).  Some of it is art by Jewish artists.  A lot is Jewish themed art (a beautiful set of photographs of life in Orthodox Israel).  Does this help at all?

15 comments:

blueviolet said...

It's so nice to see that someone can wake up and start their day in a happy way! What a cutie!

Jan said...

You WILL be taking videos the next time little o is singing for his stuffies, right? RIGHT?

As for work, tell them you'll let them replace the artwork with the motivational posters ONLY if they get them from Despair.com. That's what we did; it throws visitors for a loop, let me tell ya.

As for the plant guy, well - I'm the only woman in our company. Many days I listen to conversations such as this:

Reasonably New Sales Guy to Recent Re-Hire: So, you know This Certain Woman, do you? She's a really good friend of my wife's. (Note that This Certain Woman was an employee of our company at one point.)

Recent Re-Hire: *mumble mumble blush*

Reasonably New Sales Guy, dropping it a decibel or two: You did her, didn't you, Man?

At which point I shoved my fingers in my ears and began singing much like little o, 'cause honey, I didn't want to KNOW.

allstarme said...

I wish we had a hot plant guy around my building. It's slow this time of the semester and I could use a diversion.

gretchen said...

What exactly IS Jewish art, anyway? Can you imagine someone actually going to the trouble to complain about it? I say, someone has too much time on their hands. Maybe if plant guy announced that he was Jewish?

Michele said...

I am perfectly happy to take all their Jewish art (whatever that is) off their hands. It makes no difference to me because I love almost all art. Unless, of course, it includes feces being thrown around because THAT is not art.

VandyJ said...

When Bruiser beats us awake he has started calling for Daddee and Mom! It's sort of cute. In a non screaming way.
Thanks for the ideas on Bruiser. The kid is just hard to figure. He loves drawing, and things with buttons and music so the Singamajig just might work.

Together We Save said...

I want to see a picture of this plant guy!!

Julie from Momspective said...

I had the honor of listening to my 2 year old sing "Twinkle Twinkle" with his finger jammed up his nose last night.

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

Photos and videos!! Your random thoughts are great!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Because "that will fill the hole LaBron left." LMAO! I don't think you meant it the way I read it. I vote to keep the Jewish art! Love that Little o!

Sprite's Keeper said...

There's a lot of Jewish art in my parents' home. Although complaining to management usually earns you a guilt trip..

only a movie said...

little ones singing to themselves or their stuffed animals is my absolute favorite.

Captain Dumbass said...

Those teamwork posters make me want to kill. Just sayin.

KB said...

I think your work pals need to get out more if they need to preve at the plant guy, hehe. Poor guy! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Frogs in my formula said...

It is so fun to read about someone else's workplace insanity. The plant guy sounds interesting.