Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spin Cycle- Thanksgiving

This week's Spin Cycle is about "Giving Thanks".  Since it will be the last for a while, I will get it in earlier than usual (who wants to be remember as "the one who's always late"?).  

I re-read what I wrote last year for Sprite's Keeper's "Week of Thanks".  It is all still very true.  Go back there if you get a chance http://outoftheboondocks.blogspot.com/2009/11/week-of-thanks.html.

This year I'm not going all introspective.  Just a list for you:

->  I'm thankful that I have many wonderful memories of my parents that I can share with my children.  It occurred to me one day last week that a lot of people don't have that.

->  I'm thankful for my education.  I'm not a naturally smart person.  I did have wonderful teachers, though.  Now, I can pull off "smart" like the best of them.

->  I'm thankful for my health.  And for all the people in the past year that have encouraged me to make healthy changes for my children and myself.

->  I'm thankful for family.  Where would I be without them?  All the auntie and uncles, Grammie and Grampie.  And for good friends, who are just like family.

->  I'm thankful for you guys.  I've never met most of you, but you bestow upon me trust, love and snark just like we've known each other for years.

->  I'm thankful for having two great little boys to love on, play with and learn from.  It has been a great year at the Badger Den.

Many thanks to Sprite's Keeper for keeping the Spin Cycle going on for so long.  While this is the last one for, hopefully we'll all be back spinning again some day.  Thanks, Jen.

9 comments:

Jan said...

What a lovely list of things to be grateful for! Although I MUST take exception to your statement that you're not a "naturally smart" person. Au contraire, mon ami.

VandyJ said...

Thank you right back. The blogging community has helped me so much--if just for the I'm not alone feeling. Thank you for sharing. And you are smarted than I in all that accounting stuff.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I agree with Jan. You are extremely smart. Even if I can only cast judgement from what you've written, it's still enough to say you're pretty brilliant. :-)
You're linked and thanks for Spinning!

Captain Dumbass said...

I'm thankful that my wife is going to make turkey on American Thanksgiving even though we're not American.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Great Spin!
You have a lot to be thankful for.
We all do. Thanks for reminding me!

Patty O. said...

Great spin! It helps so much to think about what blessings we have to be grateful for. And you seem pretty smart to me.

pegbur7 said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm teaming up with Jan and Jen - you ARE a smart person. So there. ;)

What an awesome list of thankful - and I'm thankful for you. :)

SC: Giving Thanks

Frogs in my formula said...

What a great list. Loved every item. I try to be thankful every day even if it's for silly little stuff. Keeps things in perspective.