Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Tuesday up.  I'm ready for the random.

->  We have a new co-worker.  He wears rings.  He likes to rub his pen in his hands and make his rings click.  My AA hates this.  She thought I would too, but it doesn't bother me.  It reminds me of an old art teacher I had in elementary school, Mr. Hitchcock.  He used to wear clogs and and turquoise rings and bracelets.  He'd run the chalk through his hands and it would click just like that.  Since new guy brought back a good memory, he's getting a pass on this potentially annoying habit.

->  Ever have a moment when you realize that the rest of the world isn't inside your head and might think you're just not right?  We sometimes call little o "Hockey Puck".  Ok, frequently.  It's from a book, "Daddy calls me Doodle Bug".  Every page LG will tell PB that the little critter is him.  Except the penguin page.  That one is always little o.  It's the page that reads, "Daddy calls me Hockey Puck, we slip and slide on ice".  When you call your little one "Hockey Puck" in the store, though?  People give you funny looks.  Whatever.  I didn't call him "Teething, whining pain in the rear" which is what he was most of the weekend.

->  I love getting boxes in the mail.  Especially boxes that I don't know the contents of (because really?  If I ordered a Christmas present for the boys?  I don't even open the box.  It just goes to the Christmas pile).  We recently got a box from across the country.  Mmmmmm.  Goodies galore!  I can't express how happy it made me to troll through the goodies and set them all out nicely for PB to gawk over.  Then we decided how we'd gobble them all up (and share some).  Many thanks to the sender of said treats.  You know who you are!

->  I'm going to have a give away in January.  You know, after you've gotten over the holiday excitement and all you get in the mail is bills?  Then.  Bam.  In your mailbox.  A treat.  I haven't decided how to handle it, though.  We'll have to see about that.  Hmmmm.

->  I know.  How stinking cute is this?  No, it's not my Christmas card picture.  If you want to see that,  you'll have to send me your address.

Ok, back to the mines.  Go see Keely.

11 comments:

VandyJ said...

That is a very cute picture. I can't manage to get everyo9ne looking at the camera at the same time with a happy face. Someone (Turbo) is looking down, frowning or just looking weird. Fun times for the family picture.

allstarme said...

I'm withholding my real Christmas card pic too, much to my mother's chagrin. Actually, she kind of yelled at me for it. Oh well!

kimert said...

I love getting boxes in the mail, too!! Great picture!

Jan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the family picture! O such sweetness.

You just reminded me, I need to start collecting addresses and darn soon.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Stinking cute doesn't BEGIN to cover that picture.

Hanna said...

HI. I am your newest follower fro the blog hop!!! You have a lovely blog! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
I've got 4 amazing, handmade giveaways so check them out when you come by:)
You've got a beautiufl family

Frogs in my formula said...

Yay for post-holiday giveaways. Is it a BMW? Cause I totally deserve one of those.

Great family shot.

Captain Dumbass said...

Ooh! Can I get a Xmas card? Guess that would mean I'd have to send one as well. Wait, let me think about that as I drink my coconut flavoured coffee and eat a macadamian nut.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I LOVE your picture! It SHOULD be your Christmas picture. The ring thing wouldn't bug me either. I was just thinking, "Oooo I hope I get a box in the mail." And then, "Oh, I haven't ordered anything." Bummer!

KB said...

I love the picture and who doesn't love getting boxes in the mail? Nice post.

tulpen said...

I call my kids way worse than 'hockey puck'.