Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

You've been here before.  You know what RTT is by now.  I won't waste your time.

-> I need these.  Now.

->  Now I shall distract you with this:


Because I just don't have much to say today.  And he's cute.  And you might need some of that to get through your day.  This isn't even one of the good ones. 

->  I'm really unmotivated at work lately.  The CEO said at a meeting a few weeks ago that our investment team are really the only employees that have a challenge in their jobs.  They have to have good judgment and make good recommendations.  Accounting and Legal are just rule following pencil pushers.  How's that for a pep talk to get you through the end of the year blahs?  I used to think the Investment people were in a separate section so they could think deep thoughts.  Now I'm pretty sure it's because of all the death threats.  (an aside, I sit with them.  I think semi-deep thoughts.  But mostly because as the internal auditor I'm pretty well despised, too.)

->One of my SILs called me on Saturday while I was at the Walmart.  I'm sure we talked, but I don't remember much about it.  I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm brain dead now.  Auntie C?  The Walmart had me in its spell!  I'll call to speak intelligently soon, I promise.
->  My other SIL told me she's getting LG play doh for Christmas.  "But he loves it when he plays with it here!"  she said at her kitchen table.  And I love it when he plays with it there, too.  I stopped thinking bad thoughts about her by noon yesterday. 

->  For a brief moment after the elections I was worried they'd make me give up my "pot smoking, baby killing, VW driving, tree hugging, dirty, hippy liberal" card.  I didn't vote for all Democrats.  But, no.  I think I'm still in good standing.  I still think Dick Cheney is going to return like the Dark Lord (he who must not be named) and try to take over the gov't.  

->  That was an unintended tangent.  The point of that bullet was to say we joined a CSA last week.  It's right around the corner from our house, so I'm hoping that next summer, we'll get the boys home from school then walk down there with our wagon to pick up our veggie and fruit treats.  Look at me going all green. 

->  The war of the undies continues.  Today's pair had only Donald on them.  No Mickey in sight.  No go.  Donald by himself is not acceptable.  There were no clean Mickey undies available.  We went through all 7 clean pairs and settled for Cookie Monster.  I can't do this every day.  (Don't suggest we pick them out the night before, either.  He picked Donald last night.)

->


 ->  I stole this from Unmitigated.  I'm sharing it here because I can't scream it from my roof top.  Racial discrimination was our parents war.  Gender discrimination is ours.  If words are weapons, it's about time we start fighting back.

 I'm done.  Go see Keely.  Bring your post its.

10 comments:

kendrasue said...

I am with you on the underwear war! Leo only wants to wear certain ones on certain days. Drives. me. crazy.

annabelle said...

The battle of the underwear is waged at our house every morning.

I gotta get me one of those cards : )

VandyJ said...

Haven't started the battle of the underwear with Bruiser. I'm not ready to go there yet. And Turbo never had a problem with sitting on Scooby Doo. He had other bathroom issues.

Nicole said...

We are all talking about the undies, eh? I'm there. I'm there with undie wars, pj wars, tee shirt wars. And you're completely right about the night before business. They don't really care about what they pick out. I think instead they rummage through the clean clothes the when we have our backs turned and intentionally pick the pants that are in the washer RIGHT NOW or the socks they haven't worn since last summer.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Phew - we've never had an underwear war. How did I escape that????

I'd take the Play doh from your sis quickly! What if she changes her mind and goes for the drum/tambourine set!

Happy Tuesday!

Keely said...

I wage the T-shirt war every day. There are only 2 he will agree to without argument. And don't even get me started on pants.

blueviolet said...

I wonder if your SIL said anything you needed to know!

Now if they had never put characters on undies, we wouldn't have these wars!

Sprite's Keeper said...

All you had to do was post the picture and I was mush. Love the colors and the cuteness!

Julie from Momspective said...

I like how you called it "The Walmart". I think I might do that now.

paige said...

You're funny. You know the only thing I didn't immediately have a comment for? The undies war. I feel better about that now since everyone else commented on that.

What were those terribly witty responses? No clue.

Maybe Walmart has me in a trance (despite the fact the nearest one is 4000 miles away. literally.)