Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

What time is it, you ask?  Why it's time for Random Tuesday thoughts, with Keely.  She's the hostest with the mostest. 


->PB got a little close to nature on Halloween.  In order to contain the holiday excitement, we visited our local nature center in the morning.  This "friend" followed us around.  He should have been in the wetland enclosure, but he "escaped".  Can you really call it an escape when a duck flies out of a pond, though?  He followed LG around for a few minutes (I finally picked LG up after he whined, "I don't think I like this ducky anymore!"  Then he moved on to PBs sneakers.  I thought the whole thing was hysterical.  My family was a tad freaked out, though.

->  From the "This is the screwed up place I grew up" file.  My Italian teacher in HS was from the Bronx.  The French teacher was from Georgia (do not ask what makes a Georgia peach move up the middle of nowhere cold NY, we never figured it out).  When conjugating verbs they took a different approach to the 2nd person plural.  The Italian teacher referred to it as "yous guys".  The French teacher referred to it as "y'all".  Is it only in upstate NY will you find people who can't speak proper English teaching foreign language?   Between the whole team they couldn't come up with "all of you"?

->  Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream,
      If you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream.  Ahhh!
      - LG brought this gem home last week.  Children's songs have come a long way since I was a kid.  Do you think it has to do with the violence in video games?  At least there aren't any dirty words yet.

->  I gave my kids the Fisher Price Little People "Mayflower" set last night.  Because Thanksgiving is coming up.  LG had no idea what to do with it.  He decided that since it was a boat, he would add the people from the beach set.  Now the pilgrims are wearing bikinis.  It's like Christopher Jones landed at the Jersey Shore. Think they'd make Snooki wear a scarlet letter?  He, he, he. 
Little o has two modes these days.  Cute smiley baby, and drama queen.  They flip like a switch.  Killing me slowly, this one is.  And no, that's not a Christmas shirt you see in that picture.  Not at all.  (ok, maybe it is, but I couldn't justify only wearing a shirt that cute for 3 or 4 weeks.  I broke it out early.  Today his shirt had a pumpkin, are you happy?)

I'm done now.  Time to do what ever it is you do all day.

Krappe, I almost forgot Keely's zombie poem.  A haiku:
My you look tasty.
Can I eat your brain, please?
I'll pay you for it.

10 comments:

VandyJ said...

Bruiser has tow modes now too--content child and frustrated angry demon. It's fun not knowing what will flip the switch.
We have sung the row, row, row, your boat verse--heard it on the Mr. bean movie, but we also sing:
Row, row, row, your boat
underneath the stream,
Ha, ha, I fooled you,
I'm a submarine.
Yeah, we rock like that.

Jan said...

It's not a Christmas shirt - it's a winter shirt and I love it because A) I love penguins and 2) it's on one of my favorite little boys. Those eyes and that smile...*sigh*

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love that the duck became "attached" to your family!

Fisher Price makes a Mayflower? I LOVE Fisher Price. Hmmm...who can I buy it for?
Happy Tuesday!

Julie from Momspective said...

A-friggin-dorable but now I have Snooki in my head. Reminds me of the Snooki South Park Episode. I love that it's Tuesday. I apply random to everything I do.

Miss Angie said...

This is a great post. Absolutely awesome,a nd that duck is soooo cute!

Visiting from RTT! Come by and visit if you get the chance. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

The Christmas shirt might not actually fit by Christmas, so I think you did the right thing.

blueviolet said...

You crack me up with your earlybird Christmas clothes. I can't blame you though.

Too funny about the duck!!

Sprite's Keeper said...

How much would you pay? :-)

tulpen said...

Love the Haiku!

My girl wore a winter shirt, some snow bunny shit, all summer.

Casey said...

Love the haiku, it's perfect. Ducks are borderline freaky.... the ones around here are just plain mean and will chase you down.