Monday, November 29, 2010

MicroFiction Monday

Hope everybody in the US survived the holiday weekend unscathed (and still the same general weight).  It's time for MicroFiction Monday with Susan, again.

"Aaawesome," Britt thought, "Even the cover of this book looks boring."  It was going to be a long year for his English teacher.


Alternatively;

Em blinked away tears.  The cover of his first published book, and the heroine looked just like her.  Did he do it on purpose?

I'd Rather Be...  Monday:
I'd rather be at work than.  Than.  Nope, I've got nothing.  I'd just rather be at home today.  Whining kids and dust bunnies and all.  It's always hard to come back from a holiday.


15 comments:

blueviolet said...

You got me laughing, missy!!!!

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than chasing a house bound two year old around. The weather has kept us indoors and, while I like Scooby Doo, there are only so many episodes I can watch before my brain starts to quietly leak out my ears.
The holiday was great, looking forward to Christmas, but glad to be back at work today.

Sylvia K said...

Great ones for the day! Love them both! Well, I have to admit that in spite of the fact that I loved my last job, retirement does have its pluses! I do enjoy having free time to do fun stuff like this!!
Hope your week goes well anyway!

Sylvia

Frogs in my formula said...

You said it. Post-holiday Mondays are rough.

SouthLakesMom said...

I never thought of it being a book cover -- very well done!

Hope work is better tomorrow.

hope said...

This one made me laugh hardest! I've had that English teacher before. :)

quilly said...

Oh my goodness! If that was a book cover i would be opening it quick fast to see who was who! Oh, wait. I'm an English teacher .....

Jan said...

Yeah, it's hard to go back to work after a holiday - especially when you don't feel like you got any time off. Ah, well...

Susan Fobes said...

Interesting take. And I'm definitely with you about work and going back tomorrow...

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'm on vacation this week. There is NOWHERE I'd rather be! :-)

Fay's Too said...

I'd rather be home on Mondays,too.

gaelikaa said...

Great MM. Well done you!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I always found English Boring, with the exception of Greek Mythology. Nice look at Susan's Picture this week.

Pooch said...

I rather think he did, the swine! Fun idea!

:)

tulpen said...

It DOES look boring!!