Monday, November 15, 2010

MicroFiction Monday

It's Monday!  (Please sing that in the voice of someone recently released from a Sunday spent arguing with a 2 year old.  More on that later.)

We'll pony up the MicroFiction first.  I'm joining Susan and the MicroFictioneers to bring you joy in 140 letters or less.


"For the life of him, John could not figure out why Esther had given him the painting.  Was it a hint?  A gag?  He just didn't get it."

alternatively

"Georgia was was appalled.  She could not believe they put her beautiful flower next to a man in a sombrero.  Yuck."

And on to "I'd rather be" Monday.

->  I'd rather be at work than arguing with my 2 year old.  About anything (or in our case, everything).  We've watched enough TV for the morning, we do have to go shopping, you have to let your little brother have his own toys, you need a bath.  You name it, we had a fight about it.  The worst fight?  The Mickey Mouse on your undies goes on the back.  No, you won't hurt Mickey when you sit on him. (A note to the makers of children's underwear.  Seriously guys???Why would you put the characters on the seat, for a 2 year old?  This is not some 16 year old who wants to advertise that she's "Juicy" on her rear...)  I miss the days when I could say, "LG let's color!" and he'd sit and draw for 20 minutes.  Now it's, "I don't want those markers.  I want paints.  No, not those paints.  O can't color!  Nooooooo!"  sigh.

17 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great ones for the day! Who knows what women are thinking? I know, I am one and there are times when I don't know what I'm thinking!! Fun! Hope your week is off to a good start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than trying to convince Bruiser to eat, get into he pajamas, take off his shoes, keep his clothes on, etc. The terrible twos have come to visit early. I'm not impressed. So, yes, work is a much better option today.

Pat said...

Maybe Esther wanted John to dress like that? Unique take on this week's picture!

Jan said...

I'd rather be at work than sticking needles in my eyeballs. Yup, that's about as good as it's gonna get.

septembermom said...

An argument with a 2 year old is really exhausting! Sorry to say that sometimes my arguments with my 13 year old seem to be just as intense as those early ones.

Awesome microfictions today!

sylviamorice said...

Both are great but the second one really tickles me...I can imagine Georgia's outrage! How dare they! Bet she complains to the curator....LOL
Have a great week. Cheers!

Peggy said...

I think there are a lot of things that men just don't get about women.

Liked both MF, sure go with the picture perfectly.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I guess Esther only knows why she gave John the Picture. I wonder what Olivia and Grandpa thought.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Oops, it posted twice

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'd rather be at work than hanging out at home looking for ways to avoid cleaning.

Jinksy said...

Arguement with a two year old? You can't win! Try bribery and corruption, or delaying tactics - they work much better! LOL

libithina said...

Yes, How could they !!! what were they thinking ... :) they should have gone for the definitive .. infintive .. derivitive .. and any other 'tive' ... :) Have a great week

Pooch said...

How very clever of Esther to get John's attention that way!

:)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be working that listen to John and Sprite argue about bedtime. Drat. My office building is locked up by now..

Stacy Uncorked said...

I love it!!

And I giggled over LG being concerned about hurting Mickey when he sat on him. Priceless. :)

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

hmmm what could this all mean for John??? it's probably a hint that she's sending him off to the desert, haha.