Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

It's Tuesday.  Whew.  One day down.  Four more to go.  Go see Keely (or FoN, or who every is answering the door over at the UnMom this week) when you're done here.

->  I told you about it, but now you can see it for yourself:

LG has been showing a lot of patience with this.  I can definitely see how older siblings get the rough end of the deal.

->  Micheal Bloomberg is at it again.  The Food Nanny.  He couldn't tax soda, and he can't outlaw it, so he's not going to let people buy it with food stamps.  It's not that I think the NYers on food stamps need their pop fix.  I just don't think it's Michael Bloomberg's place to tell them how to eat.  Mostly because he has a private chef and probably hasn't stepped foot into a NYC bodega EVER.  Ok, no.  It's mostly because I hate the idea that we "need" laws to help people live.  If Mayor Bloomberg is so concerned, he should confront the corn growers and food makers and tell them that it's not right that almost every food we eat contains corn syrup.  And then we subsidize those groups.  Kills me.  Make regular food healthier.  That's where you start. 
          ->  Tangent- Have you seen that ad where the woman says that she's recently been confused about "corn sugar" and she learned that it's just like regular sugar?  Why yes, it probably is.  But if we saw that regular sugar was the 1st of 2nd ingredient in most of our food, we'd think twice.  Corn syrup would be fine in moderation.  Try being moderate about it, though.  It's almost impossible.

->  Have you seen this little gem?

Count Ketchup.  I want one.

->  The name of the snuggy for two?  The Huddler.  Isn't that cute?  It's supposed to be like you and your significant other are in the "huddle".   I don't want one of those.

->  I may have to begin watching what I say a little closer.  PB has been working late, late nights.  He worked until midnight both weekend nights.  On Sunday, LG said to me "Papa's job sucks."  Not the best thing to teach my kids.  I'll work on that (when I baby proof my house and enroll them in foreign language classes).

Ok, that's all I have this week.  Not bad for a sort of slowish badger.  If you haven't  already, please go visit my post from last Monday.

6 comments:

VandyJ said...

I want one of those Count Ketchups too!
And yes, older siblings do get the short end of the stick--Turbo gets blamed a lot when Bruiser starts crying and they have been playing--even if he did nothing.

tulpen said...

Gotta get the count ketchup, to put on the top of our no high fructose corn syrup ketchup bottle.

Keely said...

Okay, the Count Ketchup is awesome.

I'm conflicted on the government regulations on how we treat our bodies. On one hand, yes, people should be able to make their own choices. On the other hand, I *really* like the anti-smoking laws.

Captain Dumbass said...

My boys have picked up "you suck" and all it's varients. I've tried to tell my wife to stop it, but...

Nah, I don't believe that either. Corn syrup shall be the harbinger of end times. Just wait.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Poor LG! And the neck hems are gonna be HUGE by the time little O grows into them..

Laufa said...

Can the count ketchup be bought in bulk, I want to give them for Christmas. Poor older brother, always having litlle bro. hanging on him, literally.