Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts


Welcome to Tuesday.  A day that is highly undervalued.  Because on Tuesday we get to be random.

->  We have very large oak trees with limbs that hover over our roof and back porch.  For about a week each year, every time the wind blows, or a squirrel runs up the tree, acorns fall everywhere it sounds like we're being attacked from above.  PB and I joke that the squirrels are out to get us.  Last week I was taking LG out to the car when the wind kicked up.  Acorns all over.  LG screams, "No Mama, don't let the squirrels get me!!!"

->  Last week was animal filled apparently.  PB was rocking little o to sleep when the orange cat crept in and started playing with a squeaky toy.  Then it occurred to PB that we got rid of all the squeaky toys when LG was born.  Ewwwww.  It's a whole different sound when you realize it's a small critter screaming for it's life.  Because we are wusses animal lovers, PB trapped it with a cup and cardboard and set it free back behind the garage.  He said it was covered with kitty spit and looked a little shell shocked.  Who looks that close?

->  Did you know they make a Snuggy for two?  So that you can be trapped really close to your husband or child, but be completely warm.  Uhm, yeah.  Not for us.  That's one of those gifts you give to newly engaged people and snicker about behind your hand.

->  Speaking of snickering, one of my co-workers is a newly expecting Mom.  An over committed, expectant Mom.  The other day I suggested she might want to unload some of her commitments before the baby, so that others would have time to pick up her work.  She said, and I quote, "I'm not going to let this change my whole life!  I'll still do the same things I do now."  To our credit , not one of the parents in the room laughed out loud.  It was a very silent room, though.

->  Have you ever been caught in the middle of the big gift love in?  We all chip in to give our secretary a gift on secretary's day.  ->I wouldn't normally give to this fund (as our secretary is paid decently and not overworked by any means) but our secretary is vengeful, and people have big mouths, even if they say it's not obligatory.  <-  Now they want to chip in for a gift on "bosses" day.  WTH???  When is it "average working idiot's" day?  You know if I don't give that someone will tell him exactly who did give, and then he'll feel hurt that I don't like him enough to contribute (because he would never think that I have two kids and don't get paid enough to make all these holidays merry).  Argh. 

->When LG is hurt we give him "boo boo ice".  It's usually an old teething toy, but it makes his "boo boo" feel better.  The other day he suggested that he needed "boo boo ice cream".  That's my boy, thinking out of the box.
Ok, move along.  Nothing more to see here.  Go visit Keely, she'll make it all better.

12 comments:

Jan said...

None of your coworkers must be grandparents - WE would have HOWLING.

Howling I tell ya!

And I'd SO give LG some boo-boo ice cream, since that's the way we grandma's roll.

Jan said...

Make that "would have *been* HOWLING."

Meh - it's payroll/commissions day; you're lucky I can type at all.

VandyJ said...

The stiffled laughs would probably have caused a bit of pain here, or we all would have sounded like leaking tires. "Not going to change my life," honey you have no idea.
Cats+Small mammals=very bad for teh carpeting. I had to stop one of my cats from eating a baby bunny it brough back to me. Do your eating outdoors cat!

Nicole said...

Rockin' randomizing. HA HA HA HA HA to the expecting mom. There. I did it. I laughed at fool. Circle of motherhood, baby. Like when I called the pediatrician with my first born because she spit up blood.



She spit up pink Mylicon anti-gas drops.


LG's a geniuos.

Nicole (Ninja Mom)

tulpen said...

The other day Bea told me to be careful outside because "A squirrel might crawl up my butt".

Stacy Uncorked said...

You could read LG the story of Chicken Little and he wouldn't be worried about the squirrels any more. But then again, he'd be worrying about the sky falling. ;)

Ewwwwwwww! Is right - and he looked close enough to see the kitty spit and shell-shocked look? Brave - or crazy! :)

New baby not going to change her life...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RTT: Dragon Trumps Zelda (maybe)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love the way LG thinks, I think I need some booboo ice cream myself.
I used to be like newly expectant mom. Show her a picture of me. That will straighten her proper.

Laufa said...

You should have put the ice cream right on his booboo. Just to see what he would say. He's a smarty pants too, you have to watch those. I know.
I skip those unpaid holidays, the rest of us smucks don't get anything why should they?
Kitty spit - LOL!

Captain Dumbass said...

I laughed out loud at your expecting mother.

Ellie Belen said...

I once made an offhand remark about "killer possums" in my garage and my 7 year old niece has not been the same since. She's 21 now and still won't go near my garage.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I would like some boo boo ice cream too.
I'm laughing at your pregnant co-worker. How did you keep a straight face!
I hate all those days - secretary's day, administrative assist. day, bosses day etc. Stupid!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

I like the boo boo ice-cream... smart child!

Love your blog - laughing out loud :) Loving RTT