Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Tuesday Get Your Backside in Gear...

It's Tuesday.  Or so they tell me.  I didn't come to work yesterday, so it's only Monday to me.  I'll pony up the random, though.  But only because Keely is so cool.

->  We just got back from a family reunion in Indiana.  For the first time since LG's been born, we had a nice, relatively easy family vacation.  Whew.  No major melt downs, no extraordinary effort.  Dump some stuff in the wagon and drive west.  See relatives.  Smooch nieces and nephews.  Come home.

      ->  A raccoon stole a steak sandwich right out of some one's hands.  Poor Jack.  He was really jonesing for that steak sandwich.  Never suspected that the little critter would have the brass to take it right out his hands.  He was wrong.  Roscoe the Raccoon ate well Friday night.  What did the park people say?  "Well, he lives here.  You're just a guest."  Bet the raccoon laughed all night over that one.

     ->  I will post pictures as soon as someone sends me some.  I took only one picture.  And I'm not allowed to post it.  LG didn't want PB to dress him on Saturday night.  So he took off his jammies and pull up as soon as PB turned his back.  And put on his fire man boots.  Yes, I took a picture.  It will be next year's "Cute buns of the Fire House" calendar.  

     ->  According to little o, only the following people are acceptable (in this order):  PB, Grampie, Grammie, Auntie Mary or Mama (if necessary).  We're done.  Anyone else will cause blood curdling screams.  He'll be happy and giggly for the first three people, moderately ok for Auntie M or Mama.  Else wise?  Grump, grump.

->  I am no longer drinking the water at work.  Two of my co-workers are pregnant.  Two more have wives that are expecting.  I don't know where it's coming from, but I hope it's not contagious.  Seriously, having trouble conceiving? Come work for us.  Because we need more people to go out on leave...

->Why do people get all up in arms about candy corn?  Seriously?  I buy one bag in September.  It lasts me until Halloween.  You want a few?  Stop by.  But please don't try to make me feel guilty about my candy corn.  It won't work.  Yes, I'm clear about what's in it.  There is a reason I keep it at work (my kids have no idea that such a substance exists.  LG still thinks the candy world ends with suckers, M&Ms and Skittles).  At least 5 or 6 people have come to ask me a question and made a negative comment on my snack.  At least twice that many have asked if they can have a kernel or two...

->  We have begun to search for items to re-do the boys bathroom.  It currently looks like a beige pit in the middle of the hall.  PB suspects structural unsoundness in the floor.  For step 1 we're putting in tile and painting.  Then maybe a new sink/vanity (if the rest stays under budget).  Later we'll deal with a new tub and toilet.  Possibly much later.  For now we just need to figure out what we want it to look like in the end.  I hate this stuff.  If it weren't a room that gets used multiple times per day, I wouldn't care.  Drat.

Have a Happy Tuesday, all.  And welcome to October!

10 comments:

gigidiaz said...

Those raccoons I tell you. I would have chased it for my sandwich. About candy corn, check out my RTT. It's got lots of candy corn.

VandyJ said...

It's not something in the water, it's something in the air--their called feet.

Bathroom remodels are never fun. Too bad it's such a necessary room. And one most people are guaranteed to see some time or another.

Tiaras said...

I don't know what is in candy corn - don't care - eat it up girlie - i know I just don't like it! more for you!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Can I send you an SASE with a vial for the water sample?

Jan said...

I love candy corn. But since I don't eat it any longer, you are more than welcome to my share.

I wonder if I could gain "Grannie" status with little o...

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'm a big fan of candy - any kind really. So you go!

I hope someone got a picture of the raccoong!

Little O will come back around....around 25.
Happy Tuesay!

tulpen said...

what the hell is wrong with candy corn??

Pseudo said...

Candy corn for all! Really, why is it worse than other sugar dye snacks?

I grew up on twinkies, ding dongs, ho hoes... My mom was the fave when it was my Girl Scout snack turn cause my mom never sent along anything even slightly healthy.

only a movie said...

Candy corn is delicious in small doses. I think I need to buy a bag...

Captain Dumbass said...

If the racoon had eaten my sandwich I would have eaten the racoon.