Monday, October 25, 2010

MicroFiction Monday

Before I go ahead and MicroFiction you all, I'd like to ask that you take a moment when  you're done and go visit last Monday's post.  While neither micro, nor fiction, it is important (ok, maybe just to me).

Now, on to the show.  Hosted by the lovely Susan at Stony River:

It was the summer of '65 and Curt and Will told everyone they'd whip those Commies in Vietnam and be home for the '66 picnic season.

or
Elsie looked at the picture in dismay.  She could not recognize a single person in it, even her Jim.  Nothing would bring her memory back, they feared.

And for my "I'd rather be..."

I'd rather be at work than well, quite frankly, a lot of places.  Work is quiet right now.  And no one is fighting.  No one is touching each other, or stealing other people's toys.  Nobody needs me to help them use the potty, or make them lunch.  Nobody wants my attention.  And I'm good with that.  For now.

11 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than trying to contain two stir crazy boys. Rain does not make for a fun time outside.

blueviolet said...

LOL to the nobody is touching either at work!

I so remember those little bickering moments.

Peggy said...

Great story, I'd rather be.
You so touched me with all !
You leave me wanting more.

sylviamorice said...

Good micro-fiction. And I also read your post from last Monday--it was well-written and thought provoking. As a woman who recently lost her soul-mate/husband to cancer, I share your hope that one day not just breast cancer, but all types of cancer, will be eradicated.

Kay L. Davies said...

Good microfiction, and good rather be, but I love your header...Pinky and the Brain!! Now that was a cartoon!!

Kay, Alberta

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than trying to define four...

Suz said...

I remember ''65 and '66
who knew it would last as long as it did...
Your post last week on breast cancer
was so very good

Pat said...

You nailed irony and pathos in these two stories. You are really good at this!

Susan Fobes said...

Number one is my favorite...

tulpen said...

You're job sounds AWESOME.

Susan at Stony River said...

Poor Elsie -- but I love both stories!