Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spin Cycle- Laughter

Loud PB whisper from around the corner:  "Let's sneak up on Mama and give her surprise hugs!  Sneak, sneak, sneak."  
 Loud giggle, and even louder whisper:  "We're sneaking.  Sneak, sneak.  Shhhh, little o, don't tell!" 

How can you not laugh when you know you're about to get a "Sneak attack" of hugs? 

This weeks Spin Cycle is "Laughter".  Jen wants to know what makes us laugh.  Truth be told, we laugh a lot in our house.  At each other, at ourselves, at the TV- the antics abound.

I laugh when I walk into the living room to find both boys doing the "No Pants Dance".  Somehow little o gets his trau off, and LG decides his knees need some air, too.  Then he realizes he's doing something "naughty" and starts to giggle. It's all downhill from there.

I think I laugh hardest when LG repeats things he's heard PB or I say.  "Little o, listen to my voice.  Don't throw Legos!"  "To the moon, little o, to the moon!"  It's that tiny voice trying to act all grown up that's hysterical.  And the fact that he can repeat it word for word! (on a side note, that also ticks me off.  It means he's listening to us and just ignoring what he hears.  Grrrr.)

I also love a good corny joke.  Got a pun, send it my way.  A priest and a rabbi in a bar?  Please share.  I'll laugh out loud for you.  Ok, maybe I'll groan with smile on my face.

"Three asparagas were in a car accident.  Two died immediately, the third was rushed to the hospital.  When the wife asked the dr how he was the dr responded, 'He's alive, but he'll be a vegetable all his life!'" 



It's having a sense of humor that gets me through the day.  If I couldn't see what was funny about all the little every day things, I'd never make it through.  

8 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Love it!
You have to have a sense of humor to survive children. Mine make me laugh EVERY single day!

Sprite's Keeper said...

My favorite laughs from Sprite are when she responds to my questions with her own reality. I LOVE those moments! When my nephew was five, my parents were planning a trip to Disney for him and my dad was on the phone with hotel reservations and called out to my mom, "Hey, Fran! Do we need a fridge in the room?" And Bryan shot back," No! We have one here!"
You're linked!

tulpen said...

I love when my kids get into fits of uncontrolable laughter. Usually it is about a fart that has just been ripped.

I crack myself up all the time.

And my favorite joke?

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree???










It was dead.

blueviolet said...

I feel the exact same way. Life without laughter is life not worth living!

Your kids and the pants off dance is too, too funny!

VandyJ said...

What's red and smells like blue paint?















Red paint!
Hope you get a laugh out of this. It's one of the few jokes I can remember. I'm horrible with jokes.

Jan said...

What do you call a guy with no legs and no arms lying on your front porch?

Matt.

What do you call a guy with no legs and no arms hanging on your wall?

Art.

What do you call a guy with no legs and no arms in your swimming pool?

Bob.

Yes, I've been up all night again. Why do you ask?

Together We Save said...

Sounds like you have a wonderfully happy home!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Kids giggles and laughs always make me laugh - and the surprise hugs that aren't quite a surprise? Priceless!

Princess Nagger has a joke for you...

Say 'Hi' to your knee!!

;)

SC: Laughter