Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

It's Tuesday.  It's also my birthday (gasp!).  But more importantly, Keely's having us all over, so I can party and not have to clean up your mess.  Come play.  Look, I even remembered the button this week:

->  Yes, it's the Mama Badger's birthday.  I'm 36.  I tell you this proudly because I look darn fine for 36.  A good friend (looking at you Auntie D) tells people she's 29.  People know we're the same age.  We look terrible for 29!  Ugh.  No, no.  I'll accept all my years proudly.  Hell, most of the people I know are amazed I've made it this long.  If it were cave times, I'm pretty sure I'd have been saber toothed tiger dinner long ago.

->  PB made me pink cupcakes.  Because I'm the only girlie in our house.  It was very sweet.  Isn't he cute?

->  Did you know that the oldest living zombie from "Night of the Living Dead" is 92?  How cool is that?  She still thinks that making the movie was one of the best things she ever did.  Most of the zombies were random people that the producers knew, like Moms, Aunts and neighbors.  This ladies sons both worked on the film and they talked her into being a zombie and loaning them her car.  I can only hope my sons come home with something this cool some day (I would totally say yes).

->  PB and little o have started playing "chicken" at dinner.  No, not eating chicken, playing chicken.  Little o likes to throw his food when he's full.  PB does not like this at all.  He tries to stare little o down and "dare" him to throw the next bite. Guess who usually wins?  Then LG makes it all that much better by shaking his fist and saying "To the Moon, little o, to the moon!" in his best PB impersonation.  Makes me laugh every time.

->  I've begun to worry about the people who don't worry for themselves.  Let me explain.  People like me read about all sorts of weird stuff and react.  BPA is bad, change your plastic usage.  The chemicals in food are bad, eat natural.  Coloring, dyes, it is all causing unseen damage.  I read it, I react accordingly.  I can see how it's affected some of the folks in my generation. side note:  I'm amazed at all the people I went to hs and college with that weren't able to conceive with out assistance or have gotten cancer.  The growing nature of chemicals in our childhood and this statistic can't be a coincidence.  end note.  What I worry about are the people who are completely ignoring all of these things.  Why do I care?  Who knows.  Apparently, I don't have enough to worry about in my own life...

->  I hate little plastic dinosaurs.  with . a. passion.  The teachers at school have given up on giving a treat every time LG uses the potty.  Clearly he has the skill down.  Now they give him a treat if he uses the potty every time they ask in a day.  It's a little plastic dinosaur.  Of course he'll go sit on the potty if the little prize from Taiwan is looming in front of him.  We have a lot of little plastic dinosaurs.  LG is still not anywhere near potty trained.  Damn the dinosaurs.  They didn't help at all.

->  Ever watch a complete stranger "grow up" in front of your eyes?  I work right next door to a college with many commuters.  For the last few weeks, I have managed to get behind the same car on my way home nearly every day.  There are some hairy traffic situations before we can get on the high way.  For the first few days we sat and waited.  And waited.  And waited for ideal traffic before she'd turn.  Then she'd wait, and be a little bold.  Now she's recklessly driving into traffic like a seasoned trucker.  I'm so proud of her, sniff.

Ok, time to make the donuts.  Have a good Tuesday, everyone.  And may the next year be filled with all sorts of good stuff for everyone!

15 comments:

VandyJ said...

Happy birthday! I'd love pink cupcakes, but that's not how Nick thinks. Enjoy 36, I did.

Laufa said...

I want some donuts.
Happy Birthday! Cupcakes too, mmm!
Do Zombies age?

AmyLK said...

Happy Birthday! I love pink cupcakes

The Crazy Coxes said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! You deserve pink cupcakes! Pink cupcakes are the BEST!

only a movie said...

Happy Birthday!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Happy Birthday!! That's so sweet PB made you pink cupcakes!!

If you're tired of the little plastic dinosaurs, Princess Nagger will gladly take them off your hands...(nooooooo...mama cries softly). ;)

Frogs in my formula said...

Happy birthday. I bet you look fabulous!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Happy birthday, MB! The girls outnumber the guys in my house so much, JOHN'S cupcakes are usually pink. :-)

gigidiaz said...

Happy happy birthday!
What is it with zombies?!?! I had a dream about a zombie invasion where I live -note that I have NEVER been into or afraid of zombies, I dont even watch zombie movies- and now everywhere I look there is zombie talk going on. Is this a sign? Oh gosh

blueviolet said...

I hope you don't see her get in a traffic accident next!

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!!!!!

Jan said...

I was too busy to make my bloggy rounds yesterday, and I missed your birthday. I feel terrible. Happy Belated Birthday, my dear - and you? You. Look. MAHVELOUS. (And I protest - there's no way you make an entire dinner; maybe an interesting tidbit, you sweet tiny little thing).

The "time to make the donuts" made me literally LOL - I hadn't thought of that in years. Funny, since my parents owned a donut shop while I was growing up.

Captain Dumbass said...

I hear ya on the plastic dinosaurs.

Damn dinosaurs.

Nessa said...

Happy birthday! i hope it was grand.

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday! When I turned 36 I told everyone it was the first anniversary of my 35th birthday. Next month, I plan to celebrate the 2nd anniversary....

Julie from Momspective said...

Happy happy happy happy happy Birthday! (it's a really cool song if you're in my head).