Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

The button is up.  That means it's time for Keely and Random Thoughts.  Enough about my illustrious host, on to more about me.

->  Ever sit down and think about what weird krappe you're passing on to your kids?  Now that fall is here, there is candy corn out in abundance.  My Mom had a thing about candy corn.  She loved it (as do I).  But it's not a "wrapped" candy, so she didn't like putting it out in her candy dish.  She was afraid of the dust and germs.  Her answer?  Hotel shower cap.  Yup.  She'd put one of those clear hotel shower caps over the bowl so that people could see what was in it, but not have to get the dust and germs.  By comparison, I'm normal.

->  "I'm thinking of taking up the guitar."
      "Really, what brings that on?"
      "I don't know.  I didn't want to in high school, but now I think it'd be a good skill to have."
      "As opposed to something useful, like vacuuming?"
I'm apparently a killjoy, shattering PB's dreams of rock star greatness.

->  Sometimes support comes from the weirdest places.  I took LG and little o to a "Fall Festival" this weekend.  It was really no more than a bunch of bouncy things, a small hay maze and a few pedal tractors.  One of the bouncy things was an obstacle course, though.  Which clearly indicated that you need to be 4 feet to go in.  LG is 3 feet if he stands on his tip toes.  But he desperately wanted to try.  He kept peeping up into the entrance "hole".  I kept saying no.  Finally, the long haired hippy "attending" (I put quotes because he was more just standing next to it, gazing into space) said, "Why don't we give the little guy a shot?  If he gets stuck in the middle, I'll go in and get him."  Uhm, ok.  If you think he can.  And in LG went.  The (tall enough to see over the edge) hippy guy updated me on his progress "Wow, look at him go!  He's loving it in there.  Not a problem at all.  This little guy is ready for Everest!"  And soon enough, out popped LG on the other end.  The hippy dude helped him in 7 or 8 more times and watched him each time. 

->  I will now be cutting this blog short.  Little o was at my SILs because he was sent home from school yesterday with a low grade fever.  Now he has spots.  Yeah!  Polka dot is my favorite pattern...

Have a good Tuesday, all.  I'm off to go rescue a little o.

9 comments:

only a movie said...

Yikes! I hope he's ok...

Laufa said...

Dots seem to be going around. Good luck with that. Sounds like he had fun prior to that at the Festival.
We got our MJ a guitar, she tries to be like Taylor Swift. It's cute.
MMMM, candy corn!

Stacy Uncorked said...

That's too funny your mom covered the candy dish with a shower cap!

Look at you crushing a rock star dream! ;)

ACK! Low grade fever and spots...hope everything turns out OK!!

RTT: Summer's End, Winemaking and Barf

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh boy, I hope your polka dots end up like our polka dots did, in the faux category.

Captain Dumbass said...

Mmmm, candy corn. I'd eat it with a little dust.

Frogs in my formula said...

Still laughing about the shower cap...

...still laughing...

...

...

...this may go on for awhile...

andrea frazer said...

The shower cap is classic. Let us know about the spots!

Meanwhile, I looove Brach's candy corn. We keep it in a ceramic ghost when I'm feeling generous. Other times, it's high up on the fridge. Too much sugar and food dye do not make my kids lovely.

tulpen said...

The shower cap thing is priceless!

The Crazy Coxes said...

A shower cap? Really?
Hmmm...trying to decide how I feel about that.

I hope the spots are gone!