Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts- Birthday Surprise!

Welcome to what could be considered either an amazing or a completely awful Tuesday here at the Badger Den. But we'll get to that in a second. We're all sorts of Random today, thanks to Keely at the Un Mom.  If you're feeling random, go visit her.  She's doing something with peanut butter today.

->  I would have had this post up a lot earlier (I was all sorts of prepared) but I am living through the blue screen of death.  Ugh.  I turned on the work computer this morning (where I had all sorts of photos stored...) and there is was.  Mocking me.  The bad news is that I'm not sure I backed all those photos up at home.  The good news is that my oldest kid is only 2 and a half, and I take more pictures of him that most people want to see, so it's probably ok.  The other good news is that my boss was so annoyed that he called IT and demanded that I get a new computer instead of just fixing the old one.  Ooooh, shiny and new.  And then I'll put all my links back so I can visit you guys.  Until then, I might be a little slow on the finding you.

->  Ok, stop chomping at the bit.  I'll put up a picture of the cake.  I know I've been promising.

Now you're wishing you had been invited, right?  This is all thanks to Miss Jan at Jan's Sushi Bar.  (She's got a guest blogger today, but since it's BE you should go visit anyway!)  We'll get to the excitement of meeting Jan in just a second.  Go back and take a look at the cake.  How cool is that ducky???  The right side didn't contain a big smudge, it was little o's name.   She really saved me on this one.  I am not talented enough to do cupcakes, let alone a fancy cake.  And she drove it all the way up to our house.  Have I mentioned that she's beautiful and talented, yet?   Everyone who was at the party complimented our ducky fest.

Not only did she do that one above for all our guests, she did this one just for little o to enjoy:
And enjoy he did.  Sweet, huh?  How adorable are these?  I really owe her in a million ways. 

Little o loved the heck out of his ducky:

Nom, nom, nom.  This is good stuff.
 That's him offering my niece some while she made a movie of the whole thing.  It was hysterical.

->  I got to meet Jan!  Of the Sushi Bar!  You all know she lives right here in sunny Ohio, so I was hoping this day would come at some point.  Woo hoo.  She really is just the cutest lady alive.  I just wanted to hug her to death.  I did hug her, but she remained alive, I promise.  She couldn't visit long (something about boys and pizza and needing to supervise) but we threw out the idea of meeting in Amish country at some point so we could actually sit down and enjoy each other's company without the idea of 30 odd strangers in my house looming in the background.  I had a picture of the two of us with little o, but it has gone the way of the blue screen.  Hopefully it's still on the camera at home, and I can load it up later.

I have more random, but it will have to wait until next week.  Since my morning was shot to death, I'm pretty sure my boss would like to see me accomplish something today.  Go visit Jan and Keely with all your extra time.

7 comments:

VandyJ said...

Smash cakes are the best! And that ducky was very cute! Little O is one!? Where does the time go? Happy Birthday to him and enjoy the new computer.

Jan said...

Yay!!! I was hoping little o would enjoy his cake. (Note: People - pictures do not do either of those boys justice. They. Are. ADORABLE. Little o's eyes are the most gorgeous, deep blue and he could beat you to death with those eyelashes, they're so long.)

MB, thank you SO much for the kind words. I was beyond thrilled to meet you (talk about the cutest woman ever - this lady is simply beautiful, y'all). Oh, and PB? Just as friendly, warm and sweet as MB.

Yes! Lunch in Amish country. Or someplace even closer!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I knew it! I knew it! You DID meet Jan! And got a cake out of her? UBER-JEALOUS over here!
Much love to you both (and you're both on my blog bucket list) and loving the cake! The critter eating the cake is slightly sweeter. :-)

The Crazy Coxes said...

Cutest cake ever! Little O sure is enjoying it! And how fun to meet a bloggy friend IRL. Jealous!

Beta Dad said...

Wow. That is some cake!

only a movie said...

So exciting that you met Jan!! The cake is cool too, but I'm still stuck on you meeting Jan!

Envy!

Sorry about blue screen of death - I spent the last two nights getting rid of nasty virus on my laptop. Ack.

Good luck w/ the photos!

Captain Dumbass said...

That is one yummy looking cake. Enjoy your shiny new computer.