Monday, September 13, 2010

MicroFiction Monday.

Whew.  I might be back for real this week.  I sense a calming in the universe.  

My Microfiction.  Less than 140 words, with a picture provided by Susan at Stony River:


Go visit Susan and you can see what others envision when they see Betty and Maeve.
Also, back to "I'd rather be..."

I'd rather be at work than...  uhm.  I'd rather be at work...  Nope, I've got nothing.  Maybe cleaning my bathrooms?  We had an awesome weekend (I'll save that for tomorrow, though).  I'd really rather be at home with the boys or visiting the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center (where Little o is the proud sponsor of the Red Fox for a few months).  (Insert joke here)

Ok, that's all for today, class.  Come back tomorrow when I'll reveal the super hero that saved my chestnuts from certain roasting by baking Little o his birthday cake (which was amazing!!!)  And we can talk all about what it's like to have 30 mostly strangers in your house.

16 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than wiping running snot from Bruiser's nose, no really, work is way better than that and listening to the ensuing screams when he needs to be wiped. Fun times I tell you, fun times.

Jan said...

I'd rather be at work than getting an enema. Nope, don't need one - I'd just rather be at work than getting one.

LOVED the MicroFiction Monday portion of this - just great!

anthonynorth said...

O really feel for Maeve :-)

sylviamorice said...

Betty was always a dare-devil, wasn't she? Bucking the rules, going against the tried-and-true! Good one this week.
Cheers!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Betty is such the Non-Conformist, I can only imagine the Embarrassment Maeve is feeling.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love your micro fiction! Awesome! can't wait to hear the Par-Tay details!

SparkleFarkle said...

That Betty. Always with that marching to the beat of a different drummer thing going on.

LOL--> Great take! You really know how to live it up on Microfiction Monday!

SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

Pat said...

Where are the fashion police when you need them?!! Maeve should apply for that position. I think she has a good handle on such things.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Lu-huved your Microfiction Monday!
I'd rather be at work than meeting another blogger.
Is that what you did this weekend? Huh? :-)

Ms.Daisy said...

Good Mircrofiction Monday for sure! I'll be looking for the fashion police when they come looking for the white gloves! :)

Diane said...

Good one! The rules seem to be fading now with the white-wear. :O)

hope said...

Ah, there's always that one relative that makes you grimace. Good one!

KB said...

This made me giggle. Nice take on the pic.

Ellie said...

The easter parade! LOL. I loved it.

I'd rather be on holiday this week but I've got work instead.

p.s. I’m running a competition this week and holding a blogfest in November. If you get time, pop along and have a look.

MorningAJ said...

White gloves in October. Is this a Labor Day thing? I'd be more worried about the "hatpin" that appears to stick straight out of her head.
Great words this week.

Susan at Stony River said...

Poor Mortified Maeve! LOL And yes, relatives always want a picture of us at our worst -- what a moment you've got here, I love it!