Thursday, September 2, 2010

The dreaded haircut.

This was meant to be a wordless Wednesday post, but Wednesday seems to have disappeared.  Hmmm, wonder where it went.  Any way.

The before :

Note the beautiful golden curls at the back of his little head.  

The during picture:

Note the look of utter betrayal on my little boy's face.  The horror, the horror.
Note the distinct lack of beautiful curls at the back of previously mentioned adorable head.  And the fiendish look of tyranny on that little face as he beams at the battle axe.  If my boy turns to a life of violence, I'm blaming it all on this haircut.  It was the turning point. (what, not everyone buys their 1 year old a foam battle axe?  who are you people?)

Yes, PB, this whole post was my parting shot across the bow of the HMS Guilt.  I will now let it go.  mostly...

9 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

Meh, it'll grow back.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'm sure that adorable face will get him out of a lot of the trouble he'll face due to that haircut. :-)

The Crazy Coxes said...

Oooohhhhhh...he's such a big boy now! All big boys ned a battle axe!

blueviolet said...

You better have saved those curls in an envelope! He's a cutie pie!

kendrasue said...

The first haircut was the worst for me. But his little curls will grow back and you'll have to cut them off again and again!

Jan said...

Little o is a little sweetie, shorn of his curls or not.

What - no mace to go with the battle axe?

only a movie said...

I agree with Jan... looks cute either way. The first haircut is tough. One day you'll be bugging the kid to get a haircut.

tulpen said...

I cut my son's hair myself until a couple years ago...

When he was your son's age, the grandmas would put up such a stink when I cut off the curls!!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh! Cutting my son's hair for the first time was more traumatic for me than him. But then he got older and suddenly he was afraid of the barber. Still is...he's starting to get a mullet right now.