Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spin Cycle- Weddings

Ok.  I'm going to use this Spin to break out of my blogging funk.  Because I've been a little lame as of late.  Not anymore.  I owe it to you guys to give you more, and I'm going to channel my inner Billy Mays (RIP, Mr. Oxyclean) to get the job done.


I could tell you all about the Badger wedding.  All about how it was sweltering hot on 9/8/7 until around 5:30 when the skies opened up and it poured rain on our tent wedding.  But I think it would be much more fun to show you.


First the wedding girls looking pretty for the camera.  (I have no idea what the boys were doing at this point):



Oh, wait.  They were doing this:


Because this was no "planned" wedding.  It was just PB and MB getting hitched in the church's backyard.  We did it all ourselves (with a lot of help from family and friends).

The boys also took care of these:
We drank Pink Champagne at my wedding...


Then to the important part:


And all the while Rev. Lovejoy (I have no recollection of his real name) had his fly open.  Because that's how it goes when I get to pick the minister.  Side note:  we did eventually get married in a church, but that came later due to unforeseen complications.

Just because she's so damn cute, I'm going to throw in this one:

That's my niece, the flower girl.  She's so sweet she could cause a diabetic attack.  Seriously, how stinking cute is she?  Go ahead, my SIL reads my blog.  Tell her how cute her kid is, she'll love it.  She could use a little loving these days.

Onward. 

Then people went and found these:

I folded over 100 origami Luau shirts as my place cards...  I know.  I'm a goddess with useless talents.

The reception looked like this:

Oh, yes.  Did I mention that everyone except the wedding party were in Hawaiian shirts and Bermuda shorts?  Nothing formal about the Badgers.  We served everyone Bubba's BBQ, too.  We're just like that.  Erm, a class act...

We had one of these:


But even better was this:


We had one of these (PB and Uncle B made it all by themselves):


And after many libations it all looked like this;):



But in the end, a good time was had by all.

If you head on over to Sprite's Keeper's place, you'll probably get to hear stories about nice, normal weddings.  People with class, and some semblance of taste.  

17 comments:

Jan said...

First, your niece is, indeed, adorable. A. DOR. A. BLE.

Second, you may or may not know this, but I used to be a professional cake decorator. FAB cakes - especially the badger!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Wow, it looks like a fun wedding!! Love that cake, AND that adorable flower girl. I think the bride rocks as well!!

only a movie said...

Very very sweet niece there.

Great photos - looked like a lot of fun.

CSkaryd said...

I just LOVE seeing the back of my balding head. Self esteem just dropped a little more.

But damn that was a fun wedding.

kendrasue said...

Those pictures are great and it seems like a nice wedding! Oh yeah...and the flower girl is definitely adorable! Good spin!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I should never let Sprite see any pictures of your niece, she's THAT beautiful!
This is the kind of wedding where the guests are EXPECTED to have a good time, especially when the cake topper is DUCKS! Love it!
The badger though? Please tell me your uncle is Duff Goldman, cuz that is some fancy fondant work there!
(That was a cake, right?)
You're linked!

VandyJ said...

I think funis missing from most weddings today. You definitely had the fun factor nailed.
Flower girl=to cute for words!

The Crazy Coxes said...

What a fun wedding!
I love it!
You looked beautiful and the cakes look awesome.

Kate said...

Beautiful!

Casey said...

You are gorgeous, my dear! It poured during our wedding too, a freaken tropical depression came through and we had to postpone the wedding because people were stuck in their cars in the parking lot.

That cake is awesome. Looks like you guys put on a helluva show.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I love it! DId you ever see my post on my "redneck wedding"? Seriously, yours was amazing compared to my redneck bash (which I loved, by the way). You were a beautiful bride!

CaJoh said...

This reminds me of a wedding that I had to sing at. It was in a church, but the church had no AC. I remember sitting drenched in sweat wondering who is going to pass out.

But what really reminds me of that wedding, was your reception. They had a tent set up over their tennis court and had the reception there.

Thanks for your spin,

blueviolet said...

Could you have been more lovely? I think not! Your wedding cake was amazing and the badger cake hilarious!

Would it be selfish of me to say that I'm glad you were in a blogging funk so that I didn't miss much while I was off at BlogHer? LOL

I'm gonna have to take at least a week or maybe two off with the move coming up. Go into another funk then, ok? ;)

Carol said...

Looks like everyone had great fun, which is how a reception should be! You were a lovely bride, with lovely bridesmaids and a majorly precious flower girl!

Mrsbear said...

OMG. BBQ and Bermudas?! Best wedding ever.

gretchen said...

That was one FUN wedding! Barbecue, Hawaiian shirts, pink champagne and badgers. And yes, a really cute flower girl. And you were gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

excellent points and the details are more specific than somewhere else, thanks.

- Joe