Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Weird Freaking Tuesday

Holy cows, people.  Monday's krappe is spilling over into Tuesday.  And let me tell you, Monday was a day I would love to forget.  But it's Tuesday, and at least in Bloggy world, that's a fun day.  Sidle up to the random bar  and have Keely pour you a drink.



->  I have to use Google Chrome as my browser at work.  The IT geeks told me so.  And I don't really like it.  It's not one of those "You'll get used to it" things.  There are things I just don't like, outright.  But the IT geeks don't like it when I use FireFox (who the hell knows why), and I'm tired of getting yelled at.  


->  The place I work at is a little like "Wonderland".  When you're hired you fall down the rabbit hole, and slowly discover that it's a weird place.  But if you can get used to the fact that your boss is the Queen of Hearts, and HR is like the Mad Hatter, you'll do just fine here. (I wish I were kidding or exaggerating.  I'm not.)


->  Little O is almost walking by himself.  It's cute as hell to watch LG take his hand and help him walk around.  I'd get a picture, but he insists on falling on his butt and crawling to the camera the minute I take it out, thereby ruining my photo op.  


->  We're not talking about his haircut.  Or how sad I am about that.  All of my in-laws were very kind to tell me how cute he it is with his new do.  Nobody mentioned that he looks like a toddler, not a baby, with his short hair.  And only one SILs  mentioned all his curls being gone.  She was properly sad about it, so I felt a little better.


->  I should be nominated for "worst wife ever".  We have some sort of flying, biting, horrible insect nesting in our front lawn.  And I sent PB out with full battle gear (a can of raid and a baseball cap) to kill them the other night.  The same PB who had to go to the urgent care when some sort of flying, biting, horrible insect bit him last weekend and his ankle swelled up like a grapefruit.   What else was I going to do?  After it was over I realized how completely screwed I would have been if something had happened, too.  Little o was hanging out in just a diaper, LG had no shoes anywhere in sight.  The diaper bag was strewn across the floor.  If we had to rush to the emergency room?  We would have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies.  Great.  Housewife of the year, right here.  Bring on the Good Housekeeping Seal.


->  My cake worries are over.  I'm not saying how.  It's a surprise.  But trust me, if this all pans out,  Little o will have birthday wonderfulness.  He'll never be able to complain about the 2nd kid getting left behind, I tell you.  I will take pictures, I promise.


->  Why is it that people can't make room in traffic when they see someone who has politely put on their directional and let them know they need to change lanes?  Why do some people speed up and ride the bumper in front of them, rather than let someone else who is trying to be a courteous driver get into their lane?    Yes, yes.  School is back in session and the people who are not used to commuting after a long summer off are causing traffic back ups.  I'm sure it will get better as they get their commute ironed out, but for the next two weeks?  I shake my fist and wish bad car karma on them.


Ok, I'm off.  I leave you with an old picture of LG that pretty much sums up my week so far...


Have a good one.

7 comments:

VandyJ said...

Other drivers can make you crazy. Here it's the people who have no idea where they are going and drive v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y so they can find what they are looking for. So frustrating.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I drive a road every morning that merges from three into two lanes. Has been for over 3 months. And every morning, the same a**hole drives to the bitter end before trying to merge in with the other patient people who have been politely waiting their turns to move forward. I hate that guy. Otherwise, I agree with you. :-)

The Crazy Coxes said...

Oooooo........I can't wait to see pics of the cake!
I can't let you in because I'm competitive that way and I want to beat you - even if it's by one car length! ;)

Happy Tuesday.
Have fun in Wonderland!

Julie from Momspective said...

Talk about bugs? Look at my post on Monday. I don't think I'm ever going to go outside again.

Captain Dumbass said...

I wish I drove a snowplow.

blueviolet said...

I love that picture of LG!

I've noticed some drivers will never let people in. Now I can understand if the person just flew past a line of cars that were waiting patiently and then wanted back in...that's a no go, but your situation is different!

I had Chrome for a little while but I got a nasty virus on it so I went back to Firefox where I shall happily live out my days.

only a movie said...

Totally not enjoying Tuesday.... No time for even. Post of my own. Good luck with the cake.