Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday MicroFiction

I'm back with Stony River for the MicroFiction that happens on Monday.


She wanted to make a crack about how she'd be glad to get into "Coolville" and out of the heat, but she still wasn't speaking to him.  


Oh, and my I'd rather be for this Monday:


I'd rather be at work than at school with LG.  When I left this morning, I was told that the teacher in LG's new room ( the teacher that's he's been waiting a year to re-join after she left the baby room) is leaving.  They're not sure how they're going to break it to the kids.  I want to be in another county when that happens, please.  We'll sure miss you, Miss N.  I hope your new job loves you as much as we do!


And that's, as they say, is all for today folks.  Have a good one.

16 comments:

blueviolet said...

Why do the good ones always leave? Why, why, why????

Nessa said...

I wish we'd get a Coolville here on the east coast. High 90's again. i don't like the heat.

It's horrible when a favorite teacher leaves.

Jan said...

Poor LG - I hope he's not too upset.

I'd rather be at work than suffering from a horrible case of the menopausal "blahs." I've got both. Lucky me.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I want to go to Coolville too!

Poor LG. Poor other kids. I wouldn't rather be at work. ;) I just wouldn't.

Ellie said...

LOL. Don't you just hate those 'I'm not talking to you' moments?! Witty story.

I'd rather be writing my novel than trying to solve the cursor problem on my laptop. Darn bugs!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yuck, poor LG.
I'd rather be at work than the fly on your wall when you're faced with the angst.

SouthLakesMom said...

Love that 'not talking to him' part. It only happens to be when the BEST lines are sitting there WAITING for us!

only a movie said...

Poor LG. Good luck for the beginning of the school year...

Granny Sue said...

Aw. Poor kids. What a sad day for them.

anthonynorth said...

Hopefully she'll cool off in Coolville :-)

Captain Dumbass said...

Wow, glad I'm not dealing with that gem.

Michael G-G said...

Excellent MM. Reverberations.

Sorry to hear abut the teacher changes.

Have a great week.

hope said...

Don't you just hate when that happens?

Pat said...

Ooh, I've been there before---thinking of a clever remark I could make, but not speaking to him at the moment.

Sorry about such a wonderful teacher leaving. I hope your son gets another great one.

sylviamorice said...

And he'll never know what he missed, will he? LOL. Hopefully she'll have another chance to use that line sometime when she IS speaking to him. Cheers!

Susan at Stony River said...

Wow, that missed-conversation feels like our family's car when we were still together -- I can laugh now!

Leaving a truly special teacher is a painful thing... we went through that this spring and I still have tears over it. Good luck to you and LG, and the teacher!