Monday, August 2, 2010

MicroFiction I'd Rather Be Monday... All in one.

Susan, of Stony River, has once again left us a challenge for a MicroFiction Monday.  Basic gist- tell the story in 140 characters or less.  Then visit the others and see what they wrote.  Here's today's picture:



It's well worth a moment to visit the other writers and see how many different takes there are on just one photo with a 140 character caption!
And the I'd Rather Be:

I'd rather be at work than having to ask the people in the next hotel room to PLEASE, keep it down.  My kids are trying to sleep.  

We stayed in a hotel next to the Columbus Zoo this weekend.  It had completely gone over my head that other families would want to stay close to the zoo, too. Other families who let their kids stay up until 11:30 and make lots of noise.  When I politely asked them to turn the volume down on the TV and maybe keep the kids from screaming, I was informed that she was TRYING to put them to bed, and thanks for making it that much easier.  To which I replied, I didn't realize the Disney Channel loud enough to be heard in the next room and having a pizza delivered at 10:30 were ways to help children sleep.  Man, I've been doing it all wrong these past two years.  I heard the couple in the room on the other side laugh out loud at that one.  I did not feel one bit bad that the boys woke up at 7:am the next morning.  Normally, I'd try to keep them quiet.  Nope.  There was no one on the other side of us, so I let them bounce on bed and giggle in glee.  No, I'm not a nice person.

Have a good week, all.

27 comments:

evalinn said...

Nice Microfiction! :-)

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be working than trying to get to sleep when My feet are hot. Last night was aweful, and I can't even blame the baby.

MorningAJ said...

Excellent Microfiction.
(and I'm with you on the question of late-night noisy kids)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than THE work. (It's Monday, you may not get it until Tuesday.)
:-)

Sylvia K said...

We were definitely thinking along the same lines this week! Great take on the pic of the week! Enjoy!

Sylvia

SparkleFarkle said...

Yours might be the inspiration behind "Stoned Love"! (Sing it to me, sing it to me, sing it to me, Diana!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Oooo.....I hate ill-mannered hotel guests. After spending 2 weeks in hotels, I'm sure my kids are glad to have me silenced. ;) I am forever reminding them that they are not the ONLY ones in the hotel.

Otter Thomas said...

Very nice microfriction.

I would have went crazy on the people next door. You can't count on anyone to be a decent upstanding member of society anymore.

Ellie said...

Lovely microfiction. A lot said in only a few words.

I'd rather be in bed soon, as I'm tired. Instead I need to do the ironing.

What incosiderate hotel guests! Poor you.

Pat said...

They must've blown up the house when he left. Bummer.

g-man said...

Awwwww...
This was very touching,.

Suz said...

Oh I liked the questions contained in this one..very good
The world needs more mother badgers

Jingle said...

very impressive one.
enjoyed it.

anthonynorth said...

Great microfiction, and society is getting into quite a mess.

hope said...

Oh that's sad and interesting all at once...makes me wonder why he left.

Susan at Stony River said...

What an intriguing story and character!

Sorry to hear about your hotel adventures -- sometimes the neighbors are the worst part of it.

blueviolet said...

I'm glad you did what you did in the morning. It was only fair!

I love the Columbus zoo. I was there in May!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Nice microfiction and isn't it amazing how much lack of consideration (and good sense) some people have?

the replicant said...

Apparently, "try not to burn the place down," is meant to be taken seriously in some circles.

Sylvia Morice said...

I wonder what it looked like when he still lived there??? Good one!

tulpen said...

I would have let my kids make a racket the next morning too... and they're up at 6am! Mwahahahahaha....

Thom said...

Hmmm very interesting story. I would love to know more about this. Great take on the photo.

Don't you wish you could do something nasty to people like that and get away with it. Nothing illegal of course but just something LOL

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Makes you wonder what happened after he left.

Mrsbear said...

I liked the microfiction. 140 characters is tight, but you got the story across and it packed a punch. Nice.

Also, I love that you stood up to your hotel neighbors. I would've sulked in my room and bitched the whole time. You're my hero. ;)

Templeton's fury said...

such regret :(

Jim said...

Those others needed him to stay BIG time didn't they! Very clever, Mom.
Sorry I'm so late in getting back here, my week was very busy and hectic.
..

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.