Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Welcome to Random Tuesday Thoughts, sponsored by Keely, The UnMom.    When you're done perusing the dusty thoughts in the attic of my body, go see Keely.

->  Our office has turned into a bad episode of "Friends".  I was walking from my cube to my AA's cube and looking out the window to the building next to ours.  Apartments.  With the curtains open.  Oh, yes.  We have an "Ugly Naked Guy".  Being the mature individual I am, I screamed and ducked into her cube.  By the time she went to see, he was gone.  But he's been back a few times.  Pretty much everyone has seen him by now.  You don't want to see him.  Ewwww. (Really random thought- why the hell is he nekkid in the middle of the afternoon???)

->  I love the smell of a chlorine pool.  Hey, it's my random.  I can do what I want with it.

->Yesterday as I was sitting at a stop light in the middle of the city, I had a friendly encounter with a pedestrian.  I had my windows down, and I might have had The Jackson 5's "ABC" playing a little loud.  A man on the corner started Popping to the song.  He looked mighty sad when the light turned green.  I almost stayed to let him finish the song, but rush hour traffic would have complained.  It was fun while it lasted, though!

->  Making lunches for LG has changed the way we eat.  Now I strive for left overs, and he eats what we eat.  I know, I should have done this a long time ago.  He's eating much better, and I stress about it less.  But I've also been trolling the web for kid lunch box friendly meals (for those days when left overs just don't happen).  Know what I've discovered?  Some people have too much time on their hands.  I'm sorry, I'll cut my kids sandwich into dinosaurs (with the cutter, of course, not by hand) but I draw the line at lunch box art.  Don't get me wrong, some of those ladies who do bento boxes for their kids do amazing things.  But do they really need to go that far to get their kids to eat?  Or is it just the pleasure of seeing it laid out nice and neat in the box.  Or, as I suspect in the middle of the night when these thoughts tend to creep in, are they just doing it so they can post the picture out on the web to make me feel inadequate.  Damn them and their healthy, cute meals.  Viva la Happy Meal!

->  Did anybody else read about poachers killing the last white Rhino in that South African reserve?  They took the horn and left her to die while a baby Rhino cried nearby.  Anyone else want to go to South Africa, find the poachers and start hacking off fingers one by one?  There is a special place in hell for people like that, I say.  Seriously, what kind of backwards world do you live in where you kill an animal and leave it to die painfully?  Not use it for food, but kill it for money.  Grrrr.

->  If I'm not here next week, it's because I've gone to jail for going postal on my co-workers.  Two, in particular.  The "analysts" in our group have offices around the bull pen.  Two of the female analysts refuse to recognize that they have phones.  Speaker phones even.  They insist on screaming out of their offices, across the bullpen, to each other.  Don't get up to have a conversation in the others office, just scream over our heads.  Grrrr.  They refuse to recognize how rude this is to the rest of us.  To them, this is what they like about the environment of our office.  Last Friday they wondered why all 6 of us that sit in the bull pen were "grumpy".  We're plotting our revenge.

->The song "Celebrate", by Cool and the Gang came on.  LG screamed, "That's my song!" and proceeded to hop from his seat at the table and begin to dance around.  Yes, people, that's right.  Bring your good times, and your laughter, too.  LG's going to celebrate your party with you.  Come on now.

Ok, time to make the donuts.  You guys have a good week.

10 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'm wondering what happens to the pretty lunch when the box is carried to school and dumped on the shelf to wait until being yanked out and dragged to the lunch room so the kid can eat. Bet it doesn't look so pretty after that.

only a movie said...

There's a hotel in town w/ floor to ceiling windows. We once saw a man drying off after his shower while looking out of his fourth floor window. So now the hotel is known as Naked Guy Hotel.
The smell of chlorine doesn't suck on a 90 degree day. :-)

Mrsbear said...

I'm pretty sure they post their fancy bento art just to make us slacker moms feel bad about ourselves. I mean, who doesn't have time to sculpt adorable cartoon characters out of food stuffs? All my free time is taken up getting leisurely massages and eating bon-bons...

I'm thinking maybe naked guy wants to be seen. Yuck.

Sprite's Keeper said...

John's workplace has an ugly naked girl who likes to lift her shirt as people come in in the morning. I have yet to see her, but John and his cronies swear she's there. :-)

Brandy said...

i totally think "those moms" are just rubbing in our face. hate. and ewwww about naked guy. couldn't he at least be hot if he's gonna flaunt it.

Beta Dad said...

You know who's nekkid in the middle of the afternoon? Stay-at-home dads.

Bloggin'withAmanda said...

My oldest has a bento box and she fills it herself, now I might have been inclined to do it for her when she was younger but with food, not art LOL!Too bad you could not video tape that guy dancing to your music that would have been a treat!

gretchen said...

I agree that most likely the whole gorgeous bento lunch thing is just fodder for somebody's blog. Jude has eaten pb&j, 3 carrots and a Gogurt for lunch every day for three days.

I love LG!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Make up a sign with analysts phone numbers on it and show it to Ugly Naked Guy.

blueviolet said...

I didn't know that about the poachers. That just ticks me off completely!

I like the smell of chlorine outside, but not inside!