Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Tuesday Grump...

I don't want to be at work today.  Which is unusual because I like my job.  And after 4 days straight with my kids, I'm ready for a break.  But not today.  I didn't want to drop the boys off, I didn't want to drive into the city.  And I just outright don't want to be here.  Grump.  I'll random it up, but I'd rather be out on my aqua lounger in the pool.  Watching this:

That's right.  I hit you with the pool picture.  Right at the beginning.  Because I miss the smell of chlorine and little boys wearing sunblock.  I miss toting little o around in his ducky (my official job, as I'm am an inadequate dolphin).

->  After spending a single day with LG all by himself (the last day of the salmonella '10 fiasco), PB complained that he didn't appreciate having his life narrated by a two year old.  Somehow I had missed that LG's usual running commentary is directed at me, and all that I do.  PB hasn't been the focus of this attention yet.  Bwah, ha, ha.  It's like a radio that you can't turn off.  Turned to a station you'd never want to listen to.  You learn to tune it out.

->  As LG hands the box of Teddi grahams to the cashier, "Here you go, nice lady!" This is what I get for telling him, "You have to give it to the nice lady to ring up now, LG."  My little parrot.

->  PB frustrates me.  He would like to get a prescription for allergy medicine.  Which made him think he could just call the Dr and ask her to prescribe it for him.  Because I can do that.  But I also go to see my Dr at least once a year.  And when I get sick, I go for a visit to MY doctor.  I don't wait until my eyes are dripping from their sockets and rush over to the urgent care.  My doctor knows me.  PB doesn't see the value to having a relationship with a doctor.  This happened when he needed shots, too.  Do you think he'll ever learn?

->  Welcome to the future, Mr. McFly.  Nice hoverboard.

->  Even since PB went to France the second time, LG is obsessed with the idea.  He will frequently get on his riding toys and say, "I go to France to visit the French people."  

And since I opened with one, I'll end with one:


You didn't seriously didn't think you'd see me in a swimsuit, did you?  Maybe next time.

Until then, have a good week.

8 comments:

VandyJ said...

I think I'd rather be in the pool too.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Aw, I love the smell of chlorine too. And no, PB will never learn. But then, you knew that, didn't you??
LG sounds so cute. My daughter, at 16, still gives pretty frequent running commentaries of her life. I well remember the days of her being in the carseat and me in the front, driving and nodding and tuning out. Such a bad mommy I am!

Sprite's Keeper said...

That water looks refreshing. And now I don't want to be at work either!

The Crazy Coxes said...

You have the right idea. The pool is much better than work. Good thing you told LG the checker was "nice." It could have been sooo much worse!

Happy Tuesday!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Glad LG is feeling better! Oh to be at the pool.

Jan said...

OMG - you're right about the future thing!

*still waiting on the hover board and flying cars*

I don't want to be at work, either, but I rarely want to be here, so...SSDD.

kyooty said...

Happy RTT, Sorry about the Salmonella, ick! and the repeater.

blueviolet said...

Here you go, nice lady. That is so cute!!! Sorry you're not feeling like work this week!