Monday, July 12, 2010

I'd rather be ... Monday.

Well, the weekend is over.  While that is a sad thing, in some ways it's not.  

I'd rather be at work than trying to convince my two year old he needs to take off his swimsuit because it's raining and he won't have sprinkler time today. (I know, I saw the rain when we walked out the door this morning.  But the last time I tried to use common sense and send his swimsuit on a rainy day, they told me I should put him in it regardless of the weather.  They like ear splitting shrieks, I guess.)

I'd rather be at work than listening to PB complain about how he got no sleep last night.  Neither of us slept.  And just about the only thing worse than going to work on Monday after a night of no sleep?  Listening to someone else whine about it.  At least here I have a cubicle and a spreadsheet, and people leave me alone.

Ok, my grump and I are going to be productive.  Have a good week!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I don't know...I don't mind being at work today (for a change) but there's nothing else going on I can really complain about right now.

Oh, wait - I'd rather be at work than yelling at the television because doctors want to give Lipitor to CHILDREN.

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than trying to please a 17 month old. Bruiser still does not speak words we can understand and this leads to meltdowns on his part because he can't tell us what is wrong. I will be so happy when he starts talking--of course then I will want him to be quiet!

blueviolet said...

I'd probably just let the swimsuit go too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.