Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts!

The lovely purple button is calling me.  I must randomly type my thoughts.  Must go drink the Kool Aid at Keely's...  You can come, too.  I'm sure she has enough for everyone.

->  LG had salmonella last week.  Mmmm, fun.  Other than a rather messy diaper, though, he felt just fine.  We went to the History Museum on Monday, the Sprinkle Park on Wednesday, the Zoo on Friday.  Wait a minute here.  That sounds more like a vacation than a sick week.  Don't tell my boss.  Though I wish he didn't have the intestinal distress, it was nice to get some alone time with him.  He went back to school today, and I think he was just about ready for that.  

->  Little o is crawling!  It's a gimpy crawl, but he's getting around.  He's not quite ready to commit to both knees, so he keeps one foot tucked under (so that he can fall back on his rear end, instead of on his face).  I think that's pretty smart.  LG just went the bold route of walking on all 4s, but I don't remember any face plants.  Little o's just a tad less coordinated, and a bit more cautious.  He'll be the one holding the camera when they get older, I sense.

->  For all those who wondered, I did get wonderful treats from France (to make up for his absence during the Great Salmonella outbreak of '10).  PB brought back chocolates and a Tour De France t-shirt for me.  Oh, and a lovely bottle of Pink Champagne.  Real Champagne.  From Champagne.  Mmmm.  I'm a sucker for the bubbly stuff.  

->  Do you have a favorite candy?  Not expensive chocolates (because we all know if you don't like those you're sick in the head).  The kind of candy you get at the gas station.  I'm a big fan of the Milky Way Dark.  Straight out of the freezer.  Apparently, I'm not alone.  Out of all the "new" versions of old favorites that have been introduced, it's one of the few to stand the test of time.  I have one waiting for me for my 2:00 treat (what, I don't smoke.  I still get my 15 minute break though.  What do you want me to do?  Walk?)

->  At the Zoo on Friday, we saw an Amish boy wearing black Converse All Stars.  He had blacked over the white toe and sidewalls, but they were Converse.  Even the Amish can be just that cool, I guess.  I wonder if they parked their horses in the parking lot, or if they had special parking?

I'm all randomed out now.  Go visit Keely.  And the others.  Feel the random.  But come back tomorrow when my kids will be sporting their new French athletic apparel (if I can get the 2 year old and the 9 month old to sit for a picture...)

6 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'm a sucker for Baby Ruth candy bars and a good Reese Peanut Butter cup is always appreciated.

gretchen said...

Hurray for Little o. I love it when they're at that gimpy crawl stage - making it work, giving it their all. So sweet.

Did you drink your real champagne right away? Or are you saving it for an occasion. And btw, it would be excellent with a frozen Milky Way!

Jan said...

I'm almost willing to be the Amish boy's parents don't know about the shoes.

And candy? Almond Joy. *sigh* Not something I indulge in often any more.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Best Ramndom!
Sorry to hear about the Salmonella, but it sounds like you made the best of it!!!

I like cheap candy! I'm sick in the head - I don't like expensive chocolate. I just don't like chocolate that much.

Sprite's Keeper said...

So he DID bring you back something(s) French! Good man!

Casey said...

I didn't think the Amish were allowed to wear stuff like that. Cool. I dig Peanut M&M's and Caramello bars. Or anything with chocolate, really.

I love that army crawl before they actually do crawl. Plus, your floors get clean.