Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts...

Give me an R, give me an A, give me an N, a D, an O, and M.  Ok, you can see why I wasn't a cheerleader.  I'm too lazy to even type out the cheer correctly.  Whatever.  It's Tuesday, so you'll have to keep your expectations low.

->  PB is in France again.  And again, I couldn't go.  Whatever.  His trip over took about a million years longer than it should of.  He didn't end up on a single plane that he was scheduled for, and they lost his luggage.  And do you know that pissed me off.  Not because I feel angry for him.  Or because he sat in an airport for extra hours when he could have been home, hanging out with us.  But because the airlines have caused him to displace his emotions.  Now, instead of feeling guilty about leaving me behind, he's angry at them losing his stuff.  Stupid airline.

->  Have you heard that the number of snakes on the earth are in serious decline?  Now, anyone who knows me at all would think that I would be cheering about this.  I hate snakes.  With a passion.  But this?  Not so much.  Snakes are relatively hardy.  They can fend pretty well for themselves.  If even they are in danger what does that say for the rest of the planet?  Nothing good, I tell you.

->  Have you been reading about the man who wants to die by firing squad in Utah?  If not, google is for a second.  Now, we know he's a nut job (he killed two people, on separate occasions. one while trying to escape during the trial for the murder of the other, for goodness sake!)  But I happen to think this is a publicity stunt.  However, this lead me to find out that there are more bizarre ways of executing people on the books, and legal, in the US than we really need.  Firing squad, lethal injection, gas chamber, hanging.  I'm betting somewhere you could get them to throw you to the lions.  It creeps me the hell out.

->  I work with professional people.  There is no area of my office that could even be close to considered "grunt" or "unskilled" labor.  Our bullpen is filled with bookkeepers and tax analysts.  And still, someone saw fit to wipe snot on the bathroom wall.  Really?  You're in the bathroom, you couldn't find a tissue?  Are we monkeys?  What's next?  Flinging poo?

->  Speaking of poo (I know, but it's a family website.  With two little kids around you know there are bound to be poo stories.  And Pooh stories.  We're equal all about culture)- why is it that when you most need your kids to sit still and have their diaper changed, they squirm and wriggle and kick and scream???  Inevitably, someone ends up covered in poo and it takes 9 times as long to change a diaper that should have been a quick change.  If only my 2 year old would understand reason, this would be much easier.  Same thing with baths.  If only they would let me take the 5 minutes required to scrub them down, they could have plenty of time to splash and play in the tub.  Instead we have 20 minutes of trying to wrestle a soapy octopus and no one gets what they really want.  Grrrr.

That's it for today.  Go see Keely and have some of her Random. 

10 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Displaced emotions, Ha! I'll be giggling over that one for hours!

Jan said...

We had some small experience with a small, wriggly boy who objects to being changed this weekend. And remembered why we're glad we're the grandparents.

VandyJ said...

Soapy octopuses(octopi?) abound around our house. At least one of mine is getting to the stage where he washes himself. Bruiser has started wiggling his tush when we change him. It's kind of cute until he's really messy and starts grabbing that area. Still makes for a better change.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I love the part about your husband feeling more angry than guilty...very funny stuff.

The firing squad thing? Publicity stunt maybe but he won't be able to enjoy it very long. :-)

Mrsbear said...

Snot on a bathroom wall...makes you wonder a bit about your coworkers, doesn't it? Yuck.

I am worried for the snakes and humanity. I actually don't mind snakes. Roaches are another story and if they start going down we are royally screwed cause those buggers can live without a head. Without. A. Head.

blueviolet said...

I didn't know snake numbers were lowering. What the heck?

I don't understand the resistance to having a poopy diaper changed. It can't possibly feel good. They should be begging for it to be changed.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I was still laughing about the displaced emotions when I read about the diaper wrangling. Now I'm laughing about poo. You probably didn't want me to laugh "at" you, just "with" you. Sorry. Can't help it.

Kingsmom said...

I truly hate snakes. But if more of them meant the end of the world wasn't near, I'd happily welcome more of them too.

BTW...did you see Jesus burnt to the ground in Ohio. Now I'm back to worrying about 2012 ;)

Julie at MDMA said...

Love your random ... airlines and snakes and snot and poo - oh, my!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

"Now, instead of feeling guilty about leaving me behind, he's angry at them losing his stuff. Stupid airline." this is classic. love it.