Monday, June 28, 2010

I'd rather be...

We'll cut to the chase-

I'd rather be at work than cleaning up fallen trees in my yard.  We had a horrible storm overnight, and as a result, many of our neighbors are trying to pick up the pieces this morning.  It doesn't look like anyone took a direct hit to their house, but some folks got awful close.  We were there two years ago, so I know just how those folks feel this morning.  

As for us, the lights went out around 7:30, and I challenged PB to a game of Trivial Pursuit.  I won.  It was a close game, though.  We couldn't remember the last time the two of us sat down and played a board game together.  We used to play games all the time.  It was a lot of fun to just sit and talk, listen to the rain and little o snoring.  

How about you?  What's making the dull hum of the iridescent bulbs tolerable this morning?

5 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be working than feeding the mosquitoes. With the flooding we had the mosquitoes are everywhere.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than at home waiting in the heat for the AC repair man. Yup. AGAIN.

Jan said...

I'm in full "I hate my job" mode today, so...I'd rather be at work than stapling expense reports to my eyelids.

*sigh* Where'd I put that damn stapler...

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I love that you 2 played board games during the storm and blackout!! We've done this during blackouts here; very memorable.
Hmmmmm, I'd rather be at work than dealing with this crazy-assed, complicated, convoluted financial aid crap for my 2 college kids! Every year the same nightmarish headache...

blueviolet said...

I LOVE playing board games! I like that one too, but I always get taken down by the pink category. Dang it all.