Monday, June 21, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday.

Whew, that was quite a week last week.  I spent a total of 12 hours at work (out of 40) and the rest with LG.  It was our unplanned vacation.  He had salmonella (ok, still has, I guess) so he and I played hooky together.  He was feeling ok (his diaper was the only sign of illness) so he was great company.  We had a few big adventures, and a few small ones.  More on that tomorrow.

But, now PB is home.  And it's Monday.  So I had to come to work.  And I'm trying hard to want to be here.  I'm trying really, really hard.  PB and LG went to the zoo in Akron this morning.  They saw the penguins.  I'm jealous.  My co-workers are not as cute.

For you guys, however, I will come up with something.

I would rather be at work than holding a fussy little o as he gets his first tooth.  He doesn't want cuddles, but doesn't want to be put down.  He doesn't want to play, but needs his toys close by.  You know, that mood where even your skin doesn't feel right on you?  Poor little o.  When he can eat fresh buttered corn on the cob in the middle of the summer, though, I'm sure he'll be glad he's got those choppers. 

Have a good Monday!

8 comments:

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Sounds like quite the week you had! Glad LG is feeling better - salmonella is not fun!! And I remember when Princess Nagger was cutting her first teeth - you're right, nothing seems to make them happy, but once they're in, look out (corn on the cob!) ;) Oh, and I'm a little jealous of the trip to the zoo and getting to see penguins, too. ;)

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than dealing with breaking appliances. We have had a run this last month. Here's hoping the rest of the summer is better. Too bad about the teeth--Bruiser has fought each tooth he has gotten, they have made him just miserable, so I feel for you.

Jan said...

Poor little o and LG, too!

I'd rather be at work than in a hospital waiting room while my son is having surgery, wondering if this will be what he needs or if he's going to face another major, major disappointment like my sister is today.

And I'm sure Oldest Son wishes I'd just work rather than lecture him on the dangers of high-fructose corn syrup. LOL

blueviolet said...

Teething is tough! That nagging pain is hard to get rid of. :(

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Teething and salmonella? You have been thru it, haven't you??
I'd rather be at work than going thru the huge mound of bills that have to be paid today.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than home sick. Which is exactly what I did today. Blech.

only a movie said...

Yikes. What a week. I'm sure you're glad the husband is back.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Teething so sucked. Seriously! They don't want you to do anything and I can understand..with all the teeth problem I've had I don't want to be hugged, but I don't want to be left alone. It's a hard balance to strike!