Monday, June 14, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday

Ahhh, Monday.  I was actually dreading today.  PB left for France (yes, again) yesterday.  So I thought it was going to be a rush and stumble to get the boys out to school and me off to work.  But as it turns out, LG is still under the weather.  So I made the choice to just stay home with him instead of sending him and hoping for the best or trying to find someone else to stay with him.  Needless to say, he would have been fine at school.

But on to the main attraction:

I could say that I'd rather be at work than home with an overactive toddler who isn't really sick.  But I won't.  Because it's not true.  The "sick" thing forced me to do something I've been meaning to do for a few months now.  Actually, two things.  The first was to play hooky with LG and let PB go to work and little o go to school.  Just the two of us for the day.  The second was to take him to see the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.  Today, we did both.  "LG, it's a stegosaurus."  "No, Mama, is a big dinosaur."  I stand corrected. 

Right now he's in his bed, napping.  Or he will be as soon as he fully introduces the newest member to the clan.  I can here him through the monitor, "Steve, dis is Stretchy Giraffe.  Dis is Ty Lion.  Dis Drake, he a puppy."  When everyone has found their spot in the pile, I'm hoping he drifts off.

Anyway, there's really no place I'd rather be.  How about you?  Did you play hooky or are you sipping cold coffee and staring at the blue screen?  The one that only serves to remind you that each second you are at work is a second closer to death.  Tee hee hee.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

4 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

You are a little bit evil.
I'd rather be at work than outside in the heated hell that is Florida. Of course, at 5, work will push me out into the heated hell that is Florida, so then I will change my preferences.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Good for you. I can just hear him introducing all his characters before nodding off...
I'd rather be at work than home crying over my sick cat. Or his medical bill...

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

We love the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum! If it's the one in L.A. you're referring to, I hope you caught the show. It is truly amazing.

blueviolet said...

I really love trips to Natural History museums. No matter what city, they're always interesting!