Thursday, May 27, 2010

Travel Tip Thursday- Kansas Edition

OK, I promised a long time ago that I would take you all on a trip to Kansas, didn't I?  And talk about cows and cousins and such?  Here goes.

Since we haven't really had the time or means to get ourselves out West since LG was born, this trip was long overdue.  LG and little o had never been to the farm, and holy hells, little o had never met his Uncle K, the cowboy.  And let's face it, people, if you don't have a cowboy in your family you're just not living.

We packed up the covered wagon and headed out West, ready for adventure.  And now we'll cut to the chase and get to the pictorial portion of our show.

We saw:
Arrow, the horse, who liked it when we offered him some of the long grass (Auntie L made sure he didn't get any little fingers with his grass).


We watched Uncle K and Grampa W help this little guy be born.  Yup, even Drake the farm dog got in on that action.

It took a while, but we all hung out to watch.  I'm pretty sure the cow didn't mind.

The chickens waited until the action was over to come and inspect the new little one.

Little o spent quality time on Grampy's lap.  He has taken over for LG as Grampy's pen inspector.

And when not inspecting he munched on some toys.

LG met his new best friend, Lightening McQueen, and
harassed the barn cats.  He even helped me
fly a kite when he wasn't swinging with his cousin, K.



All in all it was a fun but
tiring trip.  We were quite happy we were able to help cousin H celebrate her 
First Communion, though.  And we plan to go back soon.

Maybe next time we'll take the boys to see the big

Jayhawk at KU.  He and PB seemed to get along well last time we visited (don't they both look happy?)

Well, that's about it for this trip.  I hope you all had fun (and yes, I did spare you some of the more graphic pictures of the little cow entering the world.  Don't say I don't do nice things for you!)

Have a good day, everyone.  If I can get my act together I'll be back tomorrow to once again Spin about my prom(s).

7 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, what fun! And the pics of the boys - little o's SMILE!!! - do my heart no end of good.

What did LG think of the calf being born?

Kingsmom said...

Farm trips are so much fun. So much to do. Love the photos!

only a movie said...

Looks like you had some fun. What an adventure. :-)

gretchen said...

Those boys must have LOVED it! They'll be begging to go back.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Since no one else took the opportunity, I will...
"E-I-E-I-O!"
I'm done.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I love seeing your little guys!
And the chickens checking out the new cow is a riot.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

What a great place to go home to. Thank-you for sharing such a wonderful trip!