Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Hidee Ho there neighbors.  It's time for Random Tuesday Thoughts.  You know, where the UnMom invites us all over for Mojito's and blogging with no segues?  Good times for all.

->  Why are there no shows about accountants?  All sorts of shows about spies, and cops and doctors, but none about accountants.  We're exciting, too.  You know, you'd have all sorts of tension around the copier, and then show them sneaking off to the supply closet.  It could work.  My next ambition in life:  make accounting sexy.   Stop laughing.

->  Ugh.  I'm dying here.  It has gotten warm in Cleveland, finally.  And so the summer outfits are coming out.  I've blogged about this before.  My new employer has far fewer "infractions" of the dress code than my former employer.  However, I've encountered a new problem.  One of the co-workers who has a cube next to mine in the bullpen does not wear pantyhose with her dress shoes.  In the winter, this is not an issue. It's so cold in here either her feet don't sweat or she just keeps her shoes on.  Now that it's warmer, she's taken to slipping off her heels in the afternoon.  And IT STINKS!!!!  Ewwww.  Strong enough that the burlap between us isn't filtering the smell.  My boss has joked about how some of us are old school and always wear pantyhose (read, almost all of us), but she insists that she will never wear them.  I've taken to eating lunch in the board room to avoid it.

->  LG was on a bathing exploratory mission this weekend. On a usual night, we put little o in the tub first, while LG wanders around and plays in the bathroom.  Friday night, LG decided he didn't want to wait.  He took off all his clothes and got in with little o.  We were all a tad shocked (including little o), but it went well.  I think o liked the company.  By the end there was probably more water on the floor than in the tub, but everyone got clean.

Sunday morning I was in the shower.  Otherwise known as the only 10 minutes I get alone in the day.  Suddenly I hear the pitter patter of little bare feet on tile and the shower curtain is ripped open.  "I get in!" he announced.  Luckily (kind of) he had taken off his pajama pants and diaper, so all I had to do was take off his shirt before he got soaked.  Ugh.  There is no refuge anymore.  At least I didn't have to give him a bath, though, right?  He was more than happy to have his hair washed and get scrubbed in the "rain".  But I missed my alone time.  

->  I ordered LG a tricycle this morning.  A study little number that I'm pretty sure is meant for commercial use (I ordered it from a school supply catalog).  It should arrive in about 2 weeks.  I'll throw up some pictures as soon as it arrives.

->  Ever take the time to sit back and appreciate your situation?  I had that opportunity last Thursday.  We have a group that does a pool for various TV shows, with the winner being taken out to lunch by the losers.  The last one was "Survivor".  The co-worker who won decided that he wanted to take advantage of the "3 innings and lunch" deal at the Cleveland Indians game.  For $15, you get into the game and get a $10 lunch voucher.  You don't have to leave after 3 innings, but that's pretty much all you get to see in an hour.  So, there we sat.  All 10 people in the investments group.  In the sunshine, with our hotdogs and peanuts.  This is the shot I sent PB, with the caption, "My boss is sitting next to me."

Really not a bad gig, huh?  After that I worked for a few hours, and went to pick up the kids, who were tired and hungry after a long day of playing outside.  Does it get better than this?

Here's hoping there are more days like that to come.  And that you get to enjoy a few of those, too.  Have a good week, internet.  And go visit Keely.  Bring some mint.  For the Mojito's.

9 comments:

Jan said...

*sigh* That shot of The Jake (I'm sorry, I don't give a rat's patootie WHO owns it - it will ALWAYS be Jacob's Field) makes me very conscious of the fact that my tiny office has no window and I haven't smoked in years, so no excuse to go outside and enjoy our lovely weather.

We are SO taking a drive down to Amish country this weekend, if I have to holler, scream or threaten. I want to meet a cow.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I believe The Office has a few accountants in it. :-)
As for the stinky feet, HR all the way. Let them deal with breaking the news to the one in the shoes.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Back here in the east it's damned hard to get anyone to wear pantyhose, period. Even in the winter with white legs. Maybe they spray tan. But stinky feet?? That sucks.
I love your bath shower stories! I kinda miss the days when one bath or shower could act as a "two-for-one." Nowadays everyone around here showers or bathes alone. A lot. Lots of damn water with these teenagers. I thought I was supposed to be begging them to shower?? Nope; I'm saying, "didn't you just shower like, 5 minutes ago??"

only a movie said...

Wow - I'd love to get into Fenway Park for $15.
Really cool. Just the going to lunch with grownups part is cool too, since we eat lunch w/ the students. Every. Damn. Day.
Also - What Jen/Sprite said about The Office. :-)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I'll be waiting to see your name in the credits as the creator of a sexy accountants show. ;)

A co-worker and cubicle neighbor's stinky feet is just so wrong on so many levels - I'm with Jen, think HR can intervene?

So far Princess Nagger has an aversion to showers so her invading my shower time has been non existent. Except for the times she decides it'll be a good idea to play in the bathroom while I'm showering and peeking her head around the shower curtain to talk to me. ;)

Now that looks like the perfect lunch break! :)

Shocking Fence, Cuckoo's Nest, Spring Has Sprung

The Crazy Coxes said...

A show about accountants! THAT's funny! Hilarious!

I'm glad you found a tricycle!
All three of my boys used to bath together when they were teeny. They loved it - lots of bubble beards and water everywhere.

Captain Dumbass said...

If I come to Cleveland, will you take me to a baseball lunch?

Jamie said...

I think that if lawyers can be interesting, us accountants can be too. I want my tax fires to actually produce flames.

For stinky feet: http://www.summersoles.com/. Just show her the new inserts you got for your heels. *hint**hint**wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

I also refuse the pantyhose, but I mostly wear pants.

gretchen said...

Wait. Keely's never given me a mojito. What am I doing wrong?

The stinky foot thing? Must come to an end. I wouldn't be able to take it. I thoroughly understand not wearing pantyhose (I haven't worn them in about 15 years), but she needs to at least be wearing those little hose/footie things. You should get her some. And a scented candle or something. Yikes.

And I used to LOVE taking baths with Jude. So sweet. But when he started doing things like "petting" certain furry parts of Mama, it was time to QUIT!