Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

The purple button is up.  Therefore it must be Tuesday, and time for some Random Thoughts.  You know, where I shake up the magic 8 ball that is my brain and try to dig out some fun for you guys.

To me, nothing says summer like skinny little legs and bare feet.  I love seeing LG and Little o wiggling their toes in the breeze.  LG followed PB around with his play mower and his safety glasses on this weekend.  They mowed the whole yard together.  LG looked hysterical in his short and crocs mowing the yard.  Like a little old man.

We took the boys out to "Big Rig" day at the Rec Center this weekend.  LG liked the fire truck, but LOVED the snow plow.  He spent about 20 minutes talking about snow and the cold and the truck pushing the snow (I'm sure PB is now well versed on what a snow plow does).


Little o, on the other hand, was less than enthralled.  He took the hard hat from the construction worker with a look that clearly said, "This hat indicates that I might do manual labor at some point.  We know that isn't going to happen, right?  I will hold it for my brother, but I will not place it on my head."

I am in love with my Swiffer WetJet.  I got really tired of kneeling down underneath the kitchen table every night after dinner to clean up all the things that didn't make it into LG and little o's mouth.  The wet jet takes care of all that.  Now, don't get me wrong.  This is in no way a substitute for dragging out the mop and bucket and getting the floor really clean, but it does a nice quick job in between actual washings.  My mother is rolling in her grave.  But I'm sure only slightly faster than when she found out that in between dusting with a real cloth and polish, I use a Swiffer duster.  And I don't always move the couch when I do the living room floor (gasp).

I've noticed that my chores fall somewhere in line after all of the fun stuff that we could do, the people we want to visit and PB's chores.  Which is why dusting and laundry get so neglected.  Argh.  PB will inform me that he's going to mow the lawn.  Which means I will watch LG and little o.  But I can't do my chores with the two of them around.  Because nothing says "Pointless" faster than letting a 2 year old "help" do laundry.  He's what I'm trying to wash off those clothes!  I never manage to get out the "I'm going to wash floors today.  Take the boys for a walk." before he gets his stuff in.


"No, no.  O-ie, we don't eat kitty.  Don't put in mouth!  Pat, pat, nice, nice."  My work here is done.

The neighbor kid went to the prom this weekend.  Because we graciously offered our driveway to park their H3 limo, we got to ogle the cute HS kids in their fancy dress.  All the girls were beautiful, all dresses appropriate.  They boys had on enough cologne to fell a horse, but the girls didn't seem to notice over the smell of the Aquanet (do they still use Aquanet?) It was a lot of fun.  The neighbor had cocktails for the parents who came to take pictures.  She mentioned that events like this were the pay off for all of the krappe you have to go through.  A little balance, in the end.


Ok, enough from me.  I have too much krappe to do today to linger.  Have a good week, and go waste some time with the Un Mom.

8 comments:

VandyJ said...

We have finally come out of the deep freeze. We were able to get out this weekend and both Turbo and Bruiser love love love being outside. Bruiser will bring me his shoes so he can go out. Gotta love the warmer weather.

Jan said...

I'm just cracking up over PB's shirt. Does it really say "body of a manatee", or am I hallucinating??

gretchen said...

Yeah, I have been eyeing that Swiffer Wetjet for quite some time now. I keep stopping myself because my mop closet is already so full of equipment that I think I must not need more. But maybe I do...

CaJoh said...

Don't know why seeing the "Watch For Ice on Road" sign with two people next to it in shorts cracked me up— but it did.

Still waiting on warmer weather here. I hear that it's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. My wife told me I'm supposed to take the cover off the AC unit and put up the screens or else…

Sprite's Keeper said...

It's already too hot down here to enjoy anything unless water is involved. Bleh. I have fuond a way around chores when the kid is involved. I come home during my lunch and do it then. :-)
Takes away from lunch but it works!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Way cute pics!
Yea for the swiffer wet jet.
I like all of your "excuses" for not being able to do chores. One day, that limo will be in your driveway because it is picking up YOUR kids! Really! It goes fast!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Aw, those little cuties of yours! I love o with the hard hat. And weren't you nice to let them park the limo there? It's so fun to see teens all dressed up and clean, isn't it?
I don't think you want to see my kitchen floor...

Captain Dumbass said...

The snowplow reminded me of the episode of Myth Busters where they try to cut a car in half with one. Bet the boys would like that.