Monday, May 24, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday

Monday, glorious Monday.  Yup.  Good old Monday.  Dedicated to the muddy coffee that is served in our office on a regular basis.  Monday.

Today, I'd rather be at work than home with PB and his stomach flu.  I got that over with at the end of last week when it was still rainy.  Poor PB.  It took him completely by surprise (though I'm not quite sure how, since I was a mess at the end of last week).

I'd rather be at work than studying for the CFA exam.  Oh, wait.  My co-workers are at work AND studying for the CFA exam.  Nothing says, "We want you to pass" like people popping into your office every five minutes to ask how it's going, right?

I'd rather be at work than tricycle shopping for LG.  We tried to find him a tricycle this weekend.  I have a pretty big problem paying a lot of money for shoddy construction, though.  I think we're going to ask our school where they got theirs and go that route.  But nothing was more fun than trying to explain why we were leaving a store without any of the many tricycles we made him sit on and ride around the store on.  Yeah, we're fun parents.

So, ok.  What's keeping you behind the desk today?  Oil slick off your coast?  Sick husbeasts?  MIL visiting?  Come on.  Cheer us all up.

And I promise, barring barf, I will spin this week.  Like a top, I tell you.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, I'd rather be at work than with a sick husband ANY day of the week. What makes them such gawd-awful BABIES when they don't feel well?

Glad you're feeling better!

gretchen said...

I'd rather be at work than broke! But I'm not working, so...

Hope the stomach flu vacates your house soon!

Kingsmom said...

I'd rather be at work than dealing with all my plants that died when it snowed on Saturday....WTF?

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Aw, buying a tricycle? I love it.
I'd rather be at work than.....actually, I've got a killer Headache so I think there's not much to make me want to be at work today...

blueviolet said...

I didn't know bikes were all cheap-o these days! That stinks!!!! I wonder if you could find one of the old sturdy models at a garage sale!

The Crazy Coxes said...

My sil has the cutest bikes/trikes for her 4 year olds. She bought them in London (they were living there) but I'll try ad find out what kind they were.

I'd rather be at work than trying to put down weed barrier in the 65 mile an hour wind.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Okay - you aren't going to like it -
Early Rider Bikes. They are EXPENSIVE. Sorry. But go look at them, they are cute.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather have been at work than at the vet's with a sick beagle and a three year old whose vision of fun was asking the veterinarian EVERY OTHER MINUTE, "Really, doctor? REALLY?" Yes. Really.