Monday, May 17, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday.

Ahhh, after a nice weekend, it's really hard to think of places I'd rather be than home.  But there are places that would be worse than work.  And since the whole point of "I'd rather be... Monday" is to find those places, here goes:

I'd rather be at work than be one of the engineers trying to figure out what the hell to do about all the oil in the gulf.


I'd rather be at work than behind the desk at the airport when the people stuck under a cloud of volcanic ash find out their flight is canceled.  

I'd rather be at work than trying to figure out what the hell to get the boys teachers for this week. It's teacher appreciation week again.  And while I know 7 out of the 10 pretty well, I have no idea what to get for the younger ones that are there at the end of the day when we pick the boys up.  Not good, I know.

Ok, what's sounding like a worse alternative to you this week?

10 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I'd rather be at work than taking hours of state mandated tests like my 16 year old daughter has to do this whole week...

Jan said...

I'd rather be at work than...let me think about this for a minute. Work is not being good to me this Monday.

I've already done the whole "I'd rather be at work than having a romantic encounter with my ex" haven't I?

Okay, I'd rather be at work than giving birth, especially at my age.

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than looking for a job.

I'd rather be at work than chasing spiders around my bath tub--shudders. I had a wonderful morning this morning!

blueviolet said...

I just can not even believe they haven't figured out how to stop the oil yet. Heartbreaking!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than remembering that I forgot Teacher's Appreciation Week in our school which was almost two weeks ago... But I guess I can do both, huh?

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'd rather be at work than at than at the high school taking finals!

Kingsmom said...

I'd rather be at work than puking my guts out like I was last week.

I even admitted to my hubby that I puked so hard I peed myself. Nice.

Mrsbear said...

Gah! Teacher gifts. I usually get a little something for them at the end of the school year and I just realized I really don't have much time left. Four weeks at best. GAH! Summer's almost here. What the French I'm going to do with these kids for two months is beyond me. I'd rather be at work, I think. Hey!

Frogs in my formula said...

I'd rather be at work than nagging my husband to fix the bathroom, front steps, driveway and leaky sink.

I like VandyJ's first line. Well put.

Betsy said...

Oh I love your banner. It makes me homesick.
I'd rather be at work than here noticing that there isn't a single flat surface that is free of clutter.
My French teacher told me that a volcano erupted in Iceland in the 1790-something, and what resulted was 12 straight years of cold, sunless summers and a famine for France. Not sure if it is completely accurate but it's a great story. Could be worse.