Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RTT- back from wherever.

The button above means it's once again Tuesday.  Whew.  I made it.  I'm going to swim around in the random sea.  Find yourself some swimmies or an inner tube and come along.

->  First, I must apologize for my inconsistent posting in the last few weeks.  I don't want to make excuses, but PB had jury duty, I went on a business trip and LG is two.  That should explain our chaos.  Breaks at work were used to mitigate that chaos.  But it's over now (thank god).

->  I'm going to out myself.  I love marshmallow peeps. Now, don't get your panties in a bunch.  I don't care if you hate them.  I don't care if there is not any nutritional value to them.  I get one box at Easter and I eat it.  Let it go.  Don't like them?  Don't eat them.  And if I offer you a chocolate coated one, just say, No.  Don't give me a lecture on how they're disgusting.  It won't make me like you more.

->  Do you remember that company "Wham-O"?  They made frisbees and other assorted krappe (like lawn darts!)  I miss their commercials.  Recent toy commercials are way to glitzy.  And complicated.  Remember when a commercial was two kids on the lawn playing with their yo-yo's?  Maybe doing a "walk the dog" move that you aspired to learn?  A catchy tune in the background ("it walks down stairs, alone or in pairs").  Now?  They give me ADD just watching them.  I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to want to buy at the end.

->  While I was away on business, I knew I had to bring back a "present" for LG.  To make up for my absence.  When PB went away, he brought back books.  Which LG read, loved, and then asked for his "present".  Knowing a trip to the airport Borders wouldn't garner me favor, I instead visited the "cheap trinket" store and brought back stuffed crabs (I was in Baltimore, people.  Get your mind out of the gutter.)  A blue one for LG and a red one for little o.  Many loving kissies were bestowed on the crab.  I got one token "Hey you're back" kiss.

->  Why do people complain about self inflicted problems?  Publicly.  And expect sympathy.  There are a few women in our office who like to stand in the kitchen and complain about their weight while pouring "International Delight" into their coffee and nibbling on danish.  Oh, and make snide comments about those who don't share in their misery.  Ok, you're chubby.  Who cares?  But don't pick on me because I'm not overweight.  Don't make under you breath comments about my eating habits or mock my corn flakes.  I'm not suggesting control top panty hose to you, am I? 

-> PB will now be known as "Stinky Face" around our house.  Because his company wants to send him to France for a business trip.  And I can't go (don't ask why, it still pisses me off.  no, it has nothing to do with the boys.  they'd be happy to have both of us in a foreign country if it meant staying with an Auntie for a week or so).  Needless to say, while I'm excited for his opportunity, I'm not excited about not getting to go.  So, he shall be "Stinky Face" to feel the wrath.

->  Could everyone who actually understands the new health care laws please stand up?  I'll take anyone who REALLY understands how they will effect them, go ahead stand up.  Ahhh, we're all still sitting, I see.  Then please stop complaining about how they'll raise your taxes, and lower you benefit.  You'll lose your job, or your employer will stop offering benefits.  There are lawyers still trying to figure this krappe out.  I refuse to believe that the people whining the loudest (and making threats, and being violent) can truly predict what will happen.  They're causing a whole lot of fuss based on a the few snippets the media has put out there.  And it's infuriating because people will listen to their ranting and not do their own homework.  And, quite frankly, I'm a little tired of it.  I'm tired of people wanting their "freedom" and refusing to acknowledge that their "freedom" costs the rest.  Sigh, now I'm ranting. 

Ok, I'm off.  Have a good week.  Go  get some discounted Easter candy and gain a lb or two before bathing suit season.

11 comments:

Jan said...

I, too, love Peeps, so you'll get no flack from me. And OMG - chocolate-covered Peeps? I had no idea such things existed. Thank goodness.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I love your random. And I agree, PB definitely deserves his new name!
Also, not a Peeps fan but I'm sick of people acting all high and mighty about candy. Like you're such an obviously ignorant person if you let your kids eat any. Geeze, air can kill you too.

VandyJ said...

Not too up with the Peeps, but hey I won't judge you while you enjoy yours. Although chocolate covered ones might be betterthan the plain ones. I'm willing to try anything with chocolate once.

I am Harriet said...

Thanks for reminding me about my Peep stash :)

Have a great Tuesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/guess-big-0/

Jennifer said...

There are chocolate covered peeps? Where. I must try these! I bet they are yummy! Man now I want peeps and they are all gone from the stores! Whah! O well Whats the next candy filled holiday, I notice there are more peeps around any holiday now! haha! They should make Firecraker peeps! haha! Loved ur post. Happy RTT! Visiting from http://mysanityranawaywithmymind.blogspot.com/

Mrsbear said...

I'm not a big fan of Peeps but I'm not candy elitist either, whatever floats your boat. And anything coated in chocolate is alright by me.

Stinky face would be tame compared to what I'd be calling my hubby for going to flippin France. Jeez.

I don't have an educated opinion about the health plan, hence my zipped lip on the topic. :)

We are the Guerra's! said...

Mmmm, Peeps! I tried to introduce my daughter to them this year and while she thought they were cute and could say their name, she did not like them. Daddy was thrilled, Mama was sad...yet strangely happy because it meant more Peeps for me!

And I couldn't agree with you more about the health law thing!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Not a peep lover but I like those disgusting sugary marshmallowish chickens and bunnies that come in yellow, blue and orange. Thanks for reminding me about all the Easter candy around here!

I would call PB Stinky face too. Cuz that stinks that you don't get to go on the trip!

Happy Random!

only a movie said...

Peeps are yum. Chocolate covered even better (haven't tried them). But I am going off sugar, so they will be but a distant memory. (Just for my own reasons - not to be pissy and judgy about eating candy - because as Maureen says, air can kill yo.)(I just hate migraines more than I love candy.)

Not consistently posting here, either...
Have a great week!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yes, yes, and Hail Yes!

Heather said...

It's been so long since I had a peep, I've forgotten if I like them.
That is such a bummer you can;t go with him, I would be a little miffed too.

No clue about the new health care laws.