Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Well, it's that time of the week again.  Put your hair up in a pony tail on the side and put a glittery rainbow sticker on your binder.  Keely wants flowers and Unicorns this week.  I will do my best to comply.  Because she had Betty White wielding a flaming chain saw riding a John Ritter centaur.  Want to see it, too?  You'll have to go visit her.  But not until you're done here.

PB and I are in "must not forget" mode.  We're headed to a family function out in Kansas this weekend, so we're trying to keep our act together.  Unfortunately, that's like packing Ringling Brothers into a mini-van.  Except we're flying (and we don't own a mini-van).  So it's more like packing Ringling Brothers into a carry on.  Should be a good time.  Neither of the boys has been on an airplane, so I'm hoping the adventure of it all will carry us through with mostly good behavior.  Stop laughing.  Just be happy it won't be your chair LG kicks for the whole flight.

My housework is conspiring against me.  Seriously.  The minute I think we're in good shape, I take a look around and realize it's time to start all over.  I blame it on all the men in my house.  Not that they don't clean, they do.  See, I have proof:

It's just that the minute they're done cleaning they see the clean surface as an opportunity.  To make another mess.  Ever feel like Sisyphus?

Someone asked how the whole "I gave up Coke for Lent" thing went.  Let's just say I'm glad that little experiment is over.  I only cheated once or twice (once in a social situation where the host had brought Coke specifically for me, and once when we were out with family and the boys were driving me crazy).  It did reduce my Coke habit, though.  Instead of a daily Coke, now I'm down to about 3 or 4 a week.  I'd say it was Diving Assistance, but I'm pretty sure God laughed his booty off for that whole 40 days.

PB became a victim of "the one time I do something wrong I get caught" syndrome this weekend.  He does not swear.  Well, not as much as I do.  But this weekend, it slipped out in frustration.  "Oh, Fudge!"  Except he didn't say Fudge.  And immediately  after we heard, "Fudge, fudge, fudge!"  It was a "Thank god it wasn't me" moment.  We ignored it and it lost it's charm.  I'm sure it will make an appearance at school this week, though.  Just waiting for that call.

I apologize for missing "I'd rather be..." Monday yesterday.  Truthfully?  I'd have rather been fighting off fire breathing dragons than be at work yesterday.  Our company has a habit of hiring people and not telling anyone (I assume HR knows, but that's one person and she's good with a secret).  So, new hires mysteriously appear with an hour or so's notice.  It doesn't make my boss a happy person.  I'm glad it's over.

The volcano in Iceland?  Not soothing my "end of times" notions.  Anyone hopped on that bandwagon since last week? I'm just saying, the evidence is mounting.  I wonder if anyone has studied whether more people are finding God this year than ever before.  Wouldn't surprise me.

On a happier note, come back Thursday for Buzzard pics.  I promise this time.  They're on the right computer.  Good stories and all.

Now go away.  I know you want to see Betty White.  Hop on over to Keely's  take a gawk.  Betty will appreciate it.

10 comments:

VandyJ said...

Been there and gawked--may be scarred for life--my eyes oh my eyes!
Good luck on the trip--honest I'm only sniggering in my sleeve not laughing out loud.

only a movie said...

Good luck w/ the flying, and the family thing... xo

Kingsmom said...

I'm totally cosumed by the end of days. Ok, maybe midly obsessed.

shopannies said...

I love that line your housework is conspiring against you LOL I feel the same way lots of time

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

My housework is conspiring against me, too. And what is it about a shiny clean surface that seems to draw the clutter the minute it's clean? I think my hubby and Princess Nagger have some sort of 'clean surface homing device' built in that alerts them when the surface is clear so it's the perfect spot to leave a fresh slew of junk. ;)

Good luck with the flying and the family trip - I'll be looking forward to reading all about it! :)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I cleaned all the floors on Sunday. By that evening, you could barely tell I had picked up a mop.

Beta Dad said...

Make sure you write up a good travel advisory post when you get back. I'm flying to Montana with my twins who will be one year old by then. I don't have a fudging clue what to expect.

Mrsbear said...

Stupid housework. It really never EVER stays clean. I do make the kids tidy up before bed but unfortunately my damn dogs never stop shedding...maybe I should Nair them.

End of days...yeah...fingers crossed it's just paranoia. I'm only just the teeniest bit twitchy about it. I can't let on though, since my daughter had a mild anxiety attack last time she heard earthquake news.

Good luck with the flying. I hope they don't charge you extra for bringing the circus in your carry one. ;)

Jan said...

The men I live with are reasonably well-trained, so my house stays reasonably neat. Well, except for the dining room table, where I keep my laptop. And my camera equipment. And my table top studio. And all our bills and correspondence. And my purse so I'll know where it is. And the dog's pills. And a gift I need to UPS to someone. And a stack of cookbooks. And a few Southern Living magazines for good measure.

Ummm...I think I need to be more well-trained...

FoN said...

Why is Coke so flippin' good? They must put coke in it.